“nice stay bay city mi”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Mt Pleasant, United States
“nice stay bay city mi”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

good location, convenient to the tri cities, indoor pool, nice, well attended breakfast, lounge area, coffee, fridge, micro in room, used the ironing board-iron and blow dryer. i would give a good recommendation foe a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Steve L
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Steve L.:

Taking time to share your thoughts about our hotel is one of our best resources for setting service standards. Your feedback is valuable and appreciated. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again. Travel safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My Wife and I stayed here for 3 days for our anniversary and baby-moon. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the room was amazing, we got the jacuzzi room and it was wonderful, everything was very clean and room was quite and relaxing. pool was also clean and breakfast was hot and delicious. overall very pleased and we will be back again!!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Room is amazing, and the 2nd floor is very quite.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edward S
Dear Edward S.:

We are happy you and your wife were able to have an enjoyable getaway. Your thoughtful insights about your experience provide a great compliment to our staff. We are especially thankful that you would stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to Bay City. Enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you for your review.
Holt
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The facility was one of the nicer establishments in the area and they offered a military discount for retired members. The breakfast buffet offered a good assortment of items. I would stay there again when visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear William W.:

First of all I want to thank you for your service to our Country. We are always honored to have retired and active members of our armed services as guests and feel privileged in having the ability to offer a discounted stay. The team appreciates you sharing your experience and hopes to see you again the next time you visit Bay City.
Adrian
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed at Americinn Bay City in 2013 and was pleased with all the renovations and everything was great.. We went back on August 2014 and was semi pleased with the way the room was-not as cleaned as i specified when setting up reservations. The staff took care of the situation and provided us with the most respect and handled all the issues at hand. Pool area is great. Food area a little too small, but good food. Great Staff. We will go back again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Sheila A H
Dear Sheila:

Thank you for your business and comments regarding your recent stay. I am happy the staff was responsive in addressing the concerns you brought to them. It is our practice to appropriately handle guest concerns and our goal to solve any issues prior to a guest checking out. Your kindness in communicating to our staff helps us reach our ultimate goal of earning return visits from all guests. Travel safe and we hope to see you again soon.
Tallahassee
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have stayed at several other establishments in the AmericInn chain, and have always been favorably impressed by the quality, comfort and attention to detail in each and every hotel. This particular one in Bay City was an exception, notably due to card keys that would not work, unrelenting noise and lack of internet connection. I discussed my concerns with the duty manager at checkout. She acknowledge the shortcomings and graciously adjusted my bill, assuring me that she was vitally interested in ensuring the hotel meet company standards.
I do plan to continue choosing the AmericInn brand whenever possible. My negative experience at this particular establishment was probably circumstantial.

Room Tip: Ask if the WiFi is operational when you make a reservation. Double check if there is a connection at...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Franco1938
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Franco1938:

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are sorry your opinion of our hotel was not positive. Our recent $600,000 interior renovation project has been pleasing to the majority of our guests. In fact we have had great feedback from most who compliment on it's freshness and comfort. I am also sorry that a thunderstorm disabled the internet in the geographic area where we are located for a few hours during your stay. In speaking with the vendor (Charter Communications), service outings during storms are something they are still attempting to overcome. Regarding your key/door lock. When the desk staff person contacted me during your stay to explain your numerous complaints, I was told you were escorted to your room and when demonstrating the lock operation to you, the locked functioned properly. As your stay ended without incurring any charges, I hope you have concluded that we take guest satisfaction very seriously. The entire staff is very proud of the product and guest service we consistently offer to our many satisfied and returning guests.
Maple Grove
Reviewed July 31, 2014

nice place. it was clean and everyone I dealt with was very nice. It was humid in the hallway but room wasn't. I am not sure what was up with the hallway. They had a fan blowing down the hallway and it was just humid. overall the place was clean the breakfast area was clean and I didn't manage to get down there until around 9:45 and there was stuff still there and they were filling stuff that was empty. If you need a hotel in the area and your looking. This is the one you pick. NIN

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Randall K
Dear Randall K:

The entire staff appreciates your staying with us and sharing your experience about our hotel with others. We are pleased we were able to provide you with a great guest experience. Thank you for the comments as guest feedback is a very important resource for helping us maintain and improve our hotel.
Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night with my young daughter. First off, the place is clean and well situated near several highways. The 24/7 hot beverage self-service in the lobby is a nice touch and the pool and hot tub are small but nice. The physical place is utilitarian and generic, so the whole vibe comes from the staff (nice) and the clientele (real mixed bag).

We enjoyed an early day swim but when we went back around dinner time the pool area had been taken over by the large, loud group of "adults" who had spent the rest of the day sitting out on their lawn chairs smoking and drinking in the parking lot (nice touch). They continued to drink poolside and to dive into the shallow pool which made it a little daunting for my daughter (they were all pretty hefty and loud). I asked staff to enforce the posted no alcohol rule in the pool, but was told they could drink all they wanted from plastic bottles. Kind of spoiled the peaceful family vibe I was hoping for. Made what is probably a nice place seem like a trashy place . I would have considered staying an extra night but I didn't want to work around the partiers again so we were on our way. Breakfast was decent.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mimispetals
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Mimispetals:

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and let us know about your experience. I am very sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable by other guests while using the pool area. I am especially sorry that you informed the staff and appropriate action was not taken. Please be assured that this is not our standard.

We welcome all guests and our clientele ranges from families to business travelers. While mistakes can happen, we consistently score very high on our customer satisfaction appraisals. I do hope you will consider giving us another try should you come back through Bay City and I thank you for providing information which I can incorporate into further staff improvement training.