“Where's a person to sit?”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Wyoming, Ontario, Canada
“Where's a person to sit?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

When we arrived in our room there was only one chair located at the desk. There was a good sized empty area in the corner by a floor lamp and we assumed that there must havebeen a small tub chair there and for some reason had been removed. Our friends room was furnished the same way. In all main brand hotels there has always been two chairs which we use when spending time in the room. We were informed that all rooms were furnished the same and after some discussion the front desk lady did bring up an additional chair for each room. I believe that, for the price they charged, they should place two chairs in each room. Other than that the hotel was fine.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dumfries, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

We only stayed one night but the location was good, it was near a few restaurants and a grocery store. The staff was nice, room was clean/comfy, and the breakfast was decent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BlueFaery13
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

I wanted to stay at the DoubleTree, which is right on the river and in the heart of downtown Bay City. Unfortunately they were booked so I ended up here. Other Tripadivior members rated it well..
The Good: the room are spacious and clean. The bathroom has a lot of counter space. The price is good. We arrived about 3 hours before standard check in and did get our room very quickly.
The not so good: Breakfast was just something to eat. Nothing was particualry interesting. It was adequate at best. The place is a ten minute drive from Bay City's nice downtown area and the river front. You are really away from it all, and not in a good way.
The Bad: I made a reservation for a king bed at least four months previous to the trip (there was a Tall Ship Festival going on, which was why I couldn't stay at the DoubleTree and why I needed to be in town.) When I arrived (extremely early for check in, well before other vistors) I was told that they did not have a King bed for me. They would give me two queens. I suggested that since no one else was had checked in yet and since my reservation was made months ago and I was told I would have a king bed that perhaps they should give a late arrival the 2 queens. The lady wouldn't budge.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I were travelling back from Sault Ste Marie Ontario on the 5th of July Monday and the traffic was bumper to bumper. We stopped at a restaraunt just off the S-B I-75 before Bay City and we decided to stop for the night if the price was right at the near by Holiday Inn Express. We were given a very good price with Corporate rates so we agreed. The check in was fast and the service was exellent. The room had a very comfortable king size bed, flat screen TV and the room was very clean and had all the toiletries that we needed. Great placeto stay and the breakfast the next morning was excellent. Made our trip home much easier.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

There were no TV channel guides available

The Pool water was way too warm-This was bath water temperature

The wireless internet in our room was down more than it was up (laptop)

The free morning paper that was suppose to be delivered at the room never showed up

Our room key was programmed wrong so it would not open the door, had to go back to the lobby for assistance

ON THE PLUS SIDE

Dogs were allowed

Good breakfast

Staff was helpful

This was an okay experience, but not for $143.00 a night

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel March 2010. For a newer hotel I thought certain areas showed some wear, tiles in the pool area and bathroom. The tiles in the pool area and the surface in the pool are slippery, which is quite dangerous. The chlorine in the pool area really bothered my eyes as well.

The room size is good, plenty of space. The breakfast was nice as well - nice selection for being inclusive with the room rate.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

My husband and I along with our son and daughter in law spent one night at this great property. Our small shih tzu was welcome also. Truthfully, this fact is why we stayed at this property. It was clean, neat and very comfortable. We had a 2Q suite. There was plenty of room for the four of us, we enjoyed the adjoining sitting area. Lots of families were there enjoying the pool. We enjoyed the coffee and tea in the lobby area.

Great Location right off the freeway and directly across from a Meijer store.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family