All reviews room was clean stove flaws vanity furniture highway
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Bathroom sink area looked filthy, but hey, that's what I get for a $50 hotel room nowadays. Bed was fine. Walls weren't very thick, but neighbors were quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Internet connection was excellent and fast. TV had lots of good channel selection, which is unusual in a less expensive motel. The room was ok, but the bathroom wasn't very clean, especially around and in the tub. Also, the tub was elevated which made stepping out of it a little difficult. I'm glad the floor mat didn't slip. The water flow was very good and I appreciate the shower curtain holder being concave.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I liked the location, but that's about it. The hotel was in poor quality and run-down. Maybe worth $30 a night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked a 2 bedroom suite for 6 people. We only needed a place to sleep a few hours and this place was on our way. Even I read some bad reviews, I didn't mind because we would be there only for a few hours. We arrived there at 2.30 am, and the idea was sleep until 9 am.

Firstly, the 2 bedroom suite is just a open space (so actually there is not room, only a wall between the 2 beds and the sofa, but without a door) where you have 2 beds and a sofa bed. We were expecting to have some privacy but we were all really tired so we didn't mind at all...

Despite of the fact that I booked the room for 6 people, the room was only prepared for 4 (4 towels, not sheets or blankets...). Being exhausted of the trip, I had to come back to the lobby and ask for some sheets, however, they wouldn't provide me more pillows because they didn't have more (awesome!). Sheets weren't clean and with cigarette burns. Besides, You cannot sleep in the sofa bed, the mattress is so thin that you could feel all the springs.

Then, We wanted some water for the room but they didn't sell them neither, so we had to walk to the closest gas station so we could buy a bottle of water.

After that, finally thinking that I could have some sleep, I went to the washroom and... surprise!!! there is not paper tower... I had to come back to the lobby and ask for paper. It was already more than 3.30 am and we went to sleep (finally..!), but then, at 6 am the phone rang (we ignored it the first 3 times but it was still ringing): "this is a wake-up call", said the machine... (nobody asked for a wake-up call!!! we wanted to sleep until 9!!) awesome, we only wanted to sleep a few hours, and we had some many problems already!!!

The breakfast and location was good though...

To sum up, I wouldn't recommend to anyone, in any situation, to come to this hotel. I only came for a few hours and I had so many problems... I cannot imagine staying there even one day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The only thing good about this hotel is the area. Run down, old and dirty. Pool Closed. HOJO should realize this hotel is past its prime. Knock it down and build a new one you have good location. Tried to find another hotel for the second night but all of the hotels in Battle Creek were booked so we had to stick it out. Definately not recommended unless you are only concerned about finding the cheapest hotel in Battle Creek. There are plenty of other hotels in the area which to be fair will cost a bit more just book them early, don't make the same mistake that we did.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family