“Very nice rooms for a very great value!!”

Knights Inn Battle Creek MI
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Midland, Michigan
“Very nice rooms for a very great value!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I have just recently stayed in battle creek before staying at this hotel and man let me tell you they did not beat the pricing of which i was given at this hotel. Then on top of that they have very nice rooms too, they have all the amenities you want inside a room to like a microwave, refrigerator, a decent sized tv, and free wifi (high speed). If i ever come down for a business meeting again i will definitely stay here first!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BobStevens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2010

The management was very helpful and accomondating thoughout my stay. rooms are neat and spacious. They have a refrigerator ,microwave, large tv,desk, phone, couch,table,and free wifi in the single king room. Rooms are cleaned daily unless you don't want it. I felt very safe here even with a truck load of tools in the parking lot, which is just outside my door. A continetial breakfast is served at 6:00am. There are many stores and resturants nearby. Easy access to I94. 20 min to kalamazoo.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank worktravel2010
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I've heard not so good things about this place, but considering 'rumors' are just that, i took the chance & decided for 30 dollars...I'll make my own decision. This place is definitely conveniently located by nice restaurants, movie theater and the casino! Not only that, but they have renovated some rooms & made sure I was comfortable. I can only speak of the font desk staff, considering they were the only ones I spoke with, but they were friendly & helpful & made sure I had everything I needed. I would recommend this Motel to friends & family.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Albion Mi
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We got the hot tub room non-smoking. It smelled so bad it was unbelievable. FILTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dead bugs every where. Sheets had stains on them. The floor was filthy. You could hear everything from two rooms down and in back of us. We got up and left at 2:00am could not stand it any longer. The driveway should of been the 1st clue because they didn't even have it plowed. This place should be condemned.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bear10121

Travelers are raving about these Battle Creek hotels

Frankfurt
Reviewed April 6, 2008

Filthy place (dead bug on the bathroom floor, mould on the walls), the divider walls are so thin I could easily tell which channel the neighbour room was watching. The following morning we realised that few rooms away from ours had signs on window reading "Sealed by police". Jet-legged as we were after an ovesea flight we had hardly noticed any details... Another interesting sign, this time inside "please dont use the towels to clean your car"... Do I need to say more??, Oh ja, It was a heck of a first impression as my first night in the states for my first time...

• Disliked — Filthy.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank FrankfurtBill
Michigan
Reviewed August 7, 2007

This motel is filthy!!!!! We found french fries, candy and gum wrappers and dirt in general behind the night table when I went to plug in my laptop.(not to mention the non-functioning "free" wireless internet) There was hair on the floor in the bathroom, pieces of wall falling off in several places, some kind of mystery white stuff all over the front of the sink cabinet and light bulbs missing from lights. We felt dirty being there but we had tickets for the theatre and had no time to go looking for another hotel. We slept with only the sheets since the blankets and bedspread looked like they hadn't been cleaned either and had cigarette burns on them. Have we convinced you yet? If not, consider the pool....it had a weird film floating on it, a layer of dead bugs and oh,lets not forget all the hair floating in the water. Needless to say, we couldn't use the pool on this 90 degree day.
We brought all of this to the owners attention and he suggested we should have changed rooms and he also assured us that there were worse Knights Inns than this one. Boy, that made us feel better.
Unless you want a really bad experience on your travels, do not stay at this property. It doesn't even deserve one star really.
Has Arnold Palmer ever stayed in a Knights Inn I wonder and why is he endorsing these places?

• Liked — Fridge in room
  • Disliked — Filthy!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Penelope_Ivy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2006

My daughter was pregnant at the time and needed a good bed so, I asked to see the room I had reserved before checking in. Not only were the beds TERRIBLE, but the whole place was run down. I would have spent over $100 in another place just to NOT stay in that room. So we went to the Baymont instead and it was very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2005