“Will use this hotel again!!”

Knights Inn Battle Creek MI
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Burton, Michigan
“Will use this hotel again!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After reading the reviews for the Battle Creek hotel, I was a little scared to be staying here September 13 - 16, 2012. Arriving early, I was glad to be able to check in early. I opened the door to the room and it was nothing like was listed in the other reviews. There were no dead bugs, no foreign stains, no mold in the shower, no weird smells. Then I was still worried about the nights that someone described in a review. There were no drug dealers or hookers and the parking lot was well lit. The front desk was extremely pleasant and the housekeeper was very helpful. You rarely read the good reviews and this one is a good review. I just booked my room for next year's show! Look forward to staying here in the future!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montague, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I just returned home after staying at this hotel for four days while I was attending a dog show in Marshall, Michigan. I was apprehensive about staying after reading the reviews posted here, but I was very pleased with my room so I decided to write a review. I had a very clean, comfortable room with newer carpeting, a microwave and refrigerator, and an air conditioner with a thermostat which worked great, especially considering the extremely high heat and humidity over the weekend. I thought it was a very good value and will stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nancy H
East Lansing
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel was the WORST/DIRTIEST Place I have ever stayed at! These pictures make it look much nicer than it really was! The headboard was cracked. The lamp shade metal was coming out of the shade, no bulb in the lamp. Writing all over the back of the door and wall. No writing ont he knobs of the ac/heat so you had no idea if you were turning on heat or ac and warm or cold! Knob missing off cold faucet top, no pull tab for the shower, ceiling missing from above sink area with tons of cob webs up there! Killed a spider with the wash cloth in the am on vanity which my rags are nicer than this wash cloth. Mattress was all stained up. Top dresser drawer was totally diff color or from diff dresser. Molding around door was missing. The first room reclining chair was broken was told all sofa sleepers were removed from rooms. First room was a bit cleaner. This hotel should charge by the hour for the crack heads, not normal people to sleep for the night! My kids wanted to sleep in the car but the area was so dark and scarey!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE! Camping outdoors with no running water would be cleaner than this! I keep trying...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank skinygyrl

Travelers are raving about these Battle Creek hotels

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stay here while out of town On work Worst hotel I've ever stayed at And I've been around the country Our beds Were not made When we checked in Someone use the bathroom and didn't flush it Bugs were in the room Fights in the parking lot Hookers going from room to room And paid almost 50 dollars a night there are other hotels near do not stay here people will offer you drugs take your family somewhere else unless you're looking for that sort of thing. Sincerely the rambler.......

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank larrylicciardi
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever been to. The room was absolutely filthy. The walls were smeared with FECES and the old couch was ripped, stained, squished and appeared to have had a person die on it. The wood frame around the door was rotting, black and covered in mold. There was brown matter sprayed on the ceiling and down the walls. There were obvious rips in the comforter and garbage on the floor. I have never seen anything quite so horrible. In fact, I am kicking myself for not taking photos! Oh, and the icing on the cake was the lack of smoke detector - bare wires sticking out of the wall in it's former location. I would have thrown up had I felt the place was clean enough to puke in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jaylee754
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Driving over 75,000 miles a year all across the United States I have stayed in many MANY hotels and motels across the country. I have seen just about every condition and comfort level imaginable. Many places are dumpy, dirty, and, upon closer inspection, unsafe as well. Consequently, I was surprised at the angry and less than polite critiques of the Knights Inn as I have NEVER had any of these issues when I have stayed there. This hotel is one of few across the country I stay at when in the area. The owners, Nick and Gina, have put SO MUCH time, effort, not to mention MONEY into turning this hotel around and are always available if there are any issues. The beds are clean and comfortable. The rooms are big with all the appointments of larger chain inns (full cable lineup television, free and fast wireless internet, mini fridge, microwave). New carpeting has been installed and was a really nice improvement from the last visit about two months ago. There is ample and safe parking right outside the room. They are so conveniently situated right off Interstate 94 but back off the main street in a quiet park-like area. There are a lot of options nearby for dining and entertainment. If you encounter problems, call them, let them know. I PROMISE they will do everything in their power to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. I will be back again and I will let more of my fellow drivers know that this is a clean, affordable and safe place to get off the road and relax.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank hotshottraveler
Lawndale
Reviewed June 19, 2011

The room was newly painted but badly, the carpets were pulling away from the walls, the beds were like sleeping on the springs without a mattress, the toliet ran all night, bathroom light did not turn off, door runner was loose and I slipped going out of the room that night. Front desk could not be reached to fix the toliet or bathroom light or to change my room. Next morning when I was getting ready to leave, the cleaning man stood at my door for an hour as I loaded my car asking me each time I left the room, if I was done. Nothing like being kicked out in a hurry. Will never, ever stay here again, I will stay in my car or the street if I have I can not find a hotel next year when I make my next visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family