“A dead body would have made the place smell better.”

Knights Inn Battle Creek MI
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever been to. The room was absolutely filthy. The walls were smeared with FECES and the old couch was ripped, stained, squished and appeared to have had a person die on it. The wood frame around the door was rotting, black and covered in mold. There was brown matter sprayed on the ceiling and down the walls. There were obvious rips in the comforter and garbage on the floor. I have never seen anything quite so horrible. In fact, I am kicking myself for not taking photos! Oh, and the icing on the cake was the lack of smoke detector - bare wires sticking out of the wall in it's former location. I would have thrown up had I felt the place was clean enough to puke in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jaylee754

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Driving over 75,000 miles a year all across the United States I have stayed in many MANY hotels and motels across the country. I have seen just about every condition and comfort level imaginable. Many places are dumpy, dirty, and, upon closer inspection, unsafe as well. Consequently, I was surprised at the angry and less than polite critiques of the Knights Inn as I have NEVER had any of these issues when I have stayed there. This hotel is one of few across the country I stay at when in the area. The owners, Nick and Gina, have put SO MUCH time, effort, not to mention MONEY into turning this hotel around and are always available if there are any issues. The beds are clean and comfortable. The rooms are big with all the appointments of larger chain inns (full cable lineup television, free and fast wireless internet, mini fridge, microwave). New carpeting has been installed and was a really nice improvement from the last visit about two months ago. There is ample and safe parking right outside the room. They are so conveniently situated right off Interstate 94 but back off the main street in a quiet park-like area. There are a lot of options nearby for dining and entertainment. If you encounter problems, call them, let them know. I PROMISE they will do everything in their power to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. I will be back again and I will let more of my fellow drivers know that this is a clean, affordable and safe place to get off the road and relax.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank hotshottraveler
Reviewed June 19, 2011

The room was newly painted but badly, the carpets were pulling away from the walls, the beds were like sleeping on the springs without a mattress, the toliet ran all night, bathroom light did not turn off, door runner was loose and I slipped going out of the room that night. Front desk could not be reached to fix the toliet or bathroom light or to change my room. Next morning when I was getting ready to leave, the cleaning man stood at my door for an hour as I loaded my car asking me each time I left the room, if I was done. Nothing like being kicked out in a hurry. Will never, ever stay here again, I will stay in my car or the street if I have I can not find a hotel next year when I make my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bonniejames2002
Reviewed May 14, 2011

This place is a DUMP and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. The floor creaks when you walk, the sofa bed is OLD and dirty, the carpet is filthy and need to be replaced, the bathroom is fitly, bathroom door is falling off the hinges and the bottom part is broken. The microwave (if you want to call it that) is sitting on top of a small refrigerator, unplugged due to the TV and the refrigerator occupying the outlets. The lighting was super bad, the overall room needed to be torn down, and replaced. I should have known there was a problem when I first walked in the lobby; the photo’s on the web does the lobby wonders. There is an OLD computer one of the first made I am talking about a dinosaur, get this, the kicker is, it is held together with duck tape, yes duck tape. The office is dusty, old, smelling and fitly. This place was such a dump that I did not stay there, I left a note letting them know how bad this dump was and I left.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DUMP TO ANYONE, ITS NEED TO BE CLOSED DOWN. I WONDER WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME IT’S BEEN INSPECTED.
I will be sending an inspector out to this property it is too fitly to rent out. This place was so dirty that I was afraid to sit any where.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Chyna51
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Rooms were shabby and poorly maintained for $50 a night we paid way too much!
I have camped in better places than this.
Thank God we were playing golf most of the time

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank WilZu
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I have just recently stayed in battle creek before staying at this hotel and man let me tell you they did not beat the pricing of which i was given at this hotel. Then on top of that they have very nice rooms too, they have all the amenities you want inside a room to like a microwave, refrigerator, a decent sized tv, and free wifi (high speed). If i ever come down for a business meeting again i will definitely stay here first!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BobStevens
Reviewed August 4, 2010

The management was very helpful and accomondating thoughout my stay. rooms are neat and spacious. They have a refrigerator ,microwave, large tv,desk, phone, couch,table,and free wifi in the single king room. Rooms are cleaned daily unless you don't want it. I felt very safe here even with a truck load of tools in the parking lot, which is just outside my door. A continetial breakfast is served at 6:00am. There are many stores and resturants nearby. Easy access to I94. 20 min to kalamazoo.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business