“Tough getting there”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Downers Grove, United States
“Tough getting there”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The motel was easy to see from the interstate, but once off that it was very hard to spot. Then the parking lot was being sealed and it was difficult for us in a sedan to get in and out due to the way the area was blocked off; for SUV & vans it was a struggle & we had to wait.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Battle Creek, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Lincoln H,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Battle Creek. I'm so sorry that you had trouble finding us, and that you had problems getting into the parking lot. We are excited to be able to offer our guests a new parking lot, but sincerely apologize that the work on it caused you any inconvenience. I hope that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. Please come back and see us again soon.

Dana C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great service, awesome staff very courteous, they treat you like family and you feel right at home, now I don't know how to express 200 words of gratitude in my review so I just use the rest for a saying I love : The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

• Stayed October 2013
Oklahoma
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Battle Creek Hampton is a very nice hotel - great staff and very nice rooms and furnishings. They did a very nice job during the remodel and have a nice workout room. The hotel is located very close to the highway so highway noise is my only real complaint. I was able to overcome this by keeping the air conditioner running. There is only an ice machine on the first floor so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside (south side). Hotel is right next to the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
layton, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

the refrigerator and microwave are available only at request and we're slow to get it but did the next day. pool is newly renovated but was not available my entire two week stay...but it was as advertised. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Battle Creek, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Brian M,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Battle Creek. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, staff and rooms. Please accept my apology that our pool was undergoing renovations during your stay. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it before you left. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 13, 2013

It's no secret that I am a HiltonHonors member, really trying to earn enough points for some free stays, and I have discovered just in the last few months how much I have come to depend on the Hilton name for dependable friendly service, luxurious bedding, comfortable rooms, and extras like chocolate chip cookies upon check-in. This Hampton Inn in Battle Creek was no different.

Check-in was smooth. Free chocolate chip cookies. Free bottles of water.

Room was awesome. Two queens, standard, luxurious bedding (as mentioned), lovely furnishings, free wi-fi. Wonderful.

Pool clean, stocked with towels, one "amenity" (for lack of a better word) in the pool area was the ADA chair lift for differently-abled people. The hot tub was spacious and felt great after a long day of driving.

Breakfast was fabulous; choices included bacon, bagel toppers, biscuits and gravy, cereal, oatmeal, boiled eggs, pastries, fruit, juices, and coffee. Yummy. Also, Dolores (the "food service specialist") was great and deserves a raise. My coworker and I had everything we could possibly need.

Check-out: smooth as usual.

As for the "Road noise" for some other reviewers, I simply didn't hear it. I would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a chocolate chip cookie!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The welcome was excellent and the overall Hotel appearance was good. The problem came with the room. King size as requested but the room was located on the side of the Hotel that faced the Interstate. The end result was a very poor night sleep despite the ear plugs left in the room for your use. I did ask for a room away from the road, but was told the Hotel was full.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Battle Creek, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Andy S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hampton Inn Battle Creek. I'm glad to hear that my front desk staff was welcoming. I'm so sorry that the road noise kept you from enjoying your stay and that we were unable to accommodate your request for a different room. On future stays we will be more than happy to place you in a room away from the highway. We hope to see you again.

Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Everything I could rate about this Hampton would be rated very high. The free, ample, diverse, and good quality breakfast was very much appreciated as was the always available coffee (very good quality) and iced, lemon flavored water. The facility was very clean and tidy, the staff very personable and helpful when needed. Our room faced the highway and there was some highway noise which is to be expected but the location was very handy for traveling around the city. We were there Wed-Fri nights and there was no noise from other occupants. It was a stressful trip for us and we wanted a facility that would not add to that stress in any way. The quality of our stay at the Hampton not only did not add stress, I felt it provided a comfortable environment away from home that helped decrease our stress.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family