“No Air = Fair”

Hampton Inn Battle Creek
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very nice hotel with an excellent staff. Unfortunately our air conditioning didn't work and they were unable to fix it or send us to another room. Everything was clean. The breakfast available was great. There was not a staff member servicing the area during the 30 minutes I was down there, though, so nothing got refilled. Even if the air was working and the breakfast area was refilled, it was a little pricey.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott R
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Battle Creek

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Visiting soccer teams were very noisy in the hallways and hotel staff did not seem to take care of this. My family was kept up by the hallway noise. The hotel breakfast was what you would expect from any Hampton. Coffee in the lobby was fresh and hot. Pool was a little small but clean. Hot-tub had a strone chlorine smell that burned my eyes not allowing me to enjoy it. Based on this and the noise, this Hampton was NOT a good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Battle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Steve P,
Thank you for all the kind words about our amenities and cleanliness of our hotel. I am so sorry that you felt the hotel was noisy due to the teams that were in the hotel. We focus on making sure that every guest experiences 100% SATISFACTION and that is why we hire weekend security to make sure that noise is controlled and your stay is pleasant. I have followed up with staff to ensure situations like this don’t occur again in the future. If you find yourself in the area again in the future, please look to the Hampton Inn and contact me directly so that we can make it right.

Thanks again,
Dana, GM

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is the place to stay in BC. The total staff come together to create an atmosphere of welcomed family. The hotel is close to shopping, restaurants, and good roads. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine had moved to Battle Creek last year and this was our first visit to see her. The hotel was a great little find. I stay at Hamptons all over the country and this one was one of the best. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. I loved being able to sit in the whirlpool at the end of a long driving day. Breakfast choices were plentiful and tasty. The only bad thing is the location. It backs up to the highway, so there is a bit of road noise at night.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this property on a Saturday night for a state bowling tournament. The rooms were clean and recently updated. The bathroom is starting to show its age, but is very clean. Breakfast was good (typical Hampton items) and well-stocked. In addition, there was a good amount of room for guests to sit. The hotel is near several restaurants, which makes finding a place to eat in the evening convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great hotel for a great price. Very clean hotel. Very courteous front desk. Great renovations to the lobby. Location is very convenient to the places we visited in the Battle Creek area. Thanx so much for making our Easter weekend an enjoyable experience for all of us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I only stay at Hilton properties and this was one of the best for the price. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and I spent some time carrying on a conversation with them at check-in. The hotel is very clean and modern. The kind sized bed was very comfortable. There is a free breakfast which I find missing in most of the larger Hilton properties. There is breakfast but no restaurant on the property. The one downside to this hotel is the fact that my room faced the highway. Please stay at this hotel but DO request a room away from the highway. I thought the traffic would lessen late at night but that did not happen. I had an early appt. the first morning and was so tired from lack of sleep due to the noise. I understand that there is nothing the hotel can do about the noise but I would not stay if you have a room facing the highway. The noise NEVER ends! Too bad because I loved my stay here.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms facing the highway! Sleep quality and location terrible due to traffic nois...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business