“Meh”

McCamly Plaza Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Booked the Firekeepers Casino package as gave the cheapest rate. Valet parking worked great, and free breakfast was okay - some waitstaff were very unhelpful, others good. "Shuttle to casino" was nonexistent. Hotel bar closed early on a Saturday night. Location good. Bed very comfortable. But overall service was only okay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for McCamly Plaza Hotel

Reviewed May 25, 2013

So...I stayed here for one night and was not thrilled. It was rundown and had a train very loudly running all night nearby. In fact, there are ear plugs offered for the noise! The only options for food and drinks were closed and the parking area was full so city garage parking was required. The next morning, the breakfast room service was not correct and my father did not have his eggs! I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My company recently held a conference in Battle Creek, MI. The group stayed at the McCamly Plaza Hotel, and my overall experiences were excellent. My room was spacious, very clean, and had everything a business traveler could want. A coworker and I went down to the hot tub and indoor pool, which was stocked with plenty of towels (side note: to get to the pool, you have to go to the 2nd floor, go past the gym, and down a flight of stairs, which can be confusing!). I poked my head in to the gym, which was not as large as I expected it to be, but there seemed to be a variety of cardio machines. The hotel's overall amenities were the selling point - Starbucks located just down the corridor from the front desk! I did not eat at the hotel's restaurant, choosing instead to dine at Griffin's, an Irish pub located just a short walk from the hotel. Travelers will have to pay for overnight parking, but $6.00 did not seem unreasonable. Valet parking was also available. All in all, if I ever get up to Battle Creek again, I will definitely stay at the McCamly Plaza!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at The McCamly for an event that was held in the Kellogg's arena. The arena is very convenient to the McCMcCamly. The pros: spacious rooms, convenient to downtown and the Kellogg's arena. Housekeeping did. Good job and was in and out in a timely manner. Desk staff was friendly. The cons: per a friend also staying the rooms by the elevators were very loud. Per family also there: the rooms near the railroad were also very loud. Breakfast was not included but the restaurant in the lobby served breakfast. Not very good. Go somewhere else to eat! Last, one evening someone must have vomited is the elevator. I rode on that elevator several times the the next day and it reeked! Housekeeping should have tried a little harder to get the smell out!

I would stay at this hotel again due to the convenience to the arena. I would request a room away from the elevators and the train. I would not eat at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I said here for only one night for a business trip. When we first checked in we were lucky to get one of the 10 free parking spaces. I had a room on the 9th floor which was nice, but right next to the elevators. Request a room away from the elevators! I was awoken at 5am to the constant sound of the elevators rolling against my wall. They do give you ear plugs because of the train but since I was not near it I did not put them in. The room was decorated nicely and seemed recently remodeled.

On plus is that the hotel is close to a lot of places to eat. The restaurant in the hotel was not very good. I had chips and artichoke dip and the chips tasted stale. If you need a hotel close to downtown for one night I recommend this hotel, you just might want to be strategic about the room and where you eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank phisigsweety
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have had a very good experience with this hotel. Check-in was efficient and friendly. We asked for soome hangers to be brought up to the room. They arrived within 5 minutes. The food was very good. All-in-all we recommend this hotel. Our room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. Plenty of towells. The parking was a disappointment. To pay $8 was not really necessary. The hotel would be well advised to provide parking for its guests as this leaves a much better impression than having no alternative than to pay for valet parking. The internet service was very good and it was free. Well done on that count. A pleasant 5-day stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor. Very pleasant view looking out over Battle Creek
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

for the price of the room...a continental breakfast would be nice, the computer didnt work, "valet parking $8"?? and my car was parked 10 feet from the entrance..really...i could have park'd my own car..room service- my husband didnt get his $3 bowl of oatmeal, no refund, they gave him a bowl of fruit and juice instead...was this let's make a deal? rooms were nice, and decor was decent. staff was very friendly

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family