“Zooper experience!”
Review of Binder Park Zoo

Binder Park Zoo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Binder Park is small but if you do everything you will find there is just as much walking here as you would expect at a big zoo. My favorite part of the zoo is the African experience. On your way to Africa and your tram ride you will walk through a corridor of African flags,very colorful and their are plaques telling you about each country or province if you will in Africa. It's mostly a kid's zoo but their is enough there for older people to enjoy too!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"kids love"
"lettuce leaf"
in 5 reviews
"great variety of animals"
"bug spray"
"tongue"

Reviewed August 27, 2012

enjoy a nice sized zoo ffom the comfort of a shaded boardwalk. even on a hot day there is a nice portion of the zoo that is shaded. the african section is not to be missed! enjoy the zoo every time we go there!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Having grown up in Battle Creek, I've been to the zoo more times than I can remember. I have lots of fond memories of it and have always considered it to be an excellent little zoo.

I came away disappointed from my most recent visit. First, I thought the grounds were in terrible shape. Overgrown weeds. Broken sidewalks. No landscaping in particular. It just had a very bedraggled and tired look. Second, Beulah's restaurant was dirty. The floors and counters needed a lot of attention. The food options aren't great and are overpriced. And third, some of the animal enclosures seemed much too small for the size of animals in them. I realize that these are not cages, but some of the animals simply paced back and forth in well-worn trails along the fences, and it was not enjoyable to see that.

I wish I could be more upbeat, because I really have always enjoyed Binder Park. But it seems like it has seen better days and needs some better attention to details. The African section is the best part of the zoo now and it's nicely done. But in the middle of it, there is a long walk through the woods without any animals to see. What is the point of that? I like hiking in the woods, but not at the zoo, when you expect to see animals.

2  Thank eigerdreamer
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This zoo may not be the largest, but it makes up for it in atmosphere. I like the way it is situated in nature. It is a pleasant place to walk around and the animals seem well cared for. It has a nice children's section, the chance to feed giraffes, and even some baby bears right now.

I love the San Diego Zoo, but I love this one, too. I have come here over and over since discovering it twenty years ago!

1  Thank nrocpop