“Super clean”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Detroit, MI
“Super clean”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This BW is the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. The bed was made with wonderful sheets, great pillows and was very comfortable. The carpet was spotless. All employees were very attentive and efficient. While the rooms seem a bit dated, it is not enough to say that it is dated. The beds appeared to be new. I really like this hotel and will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank fritzmus216

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed December 9, 2012

For starters, allow me to mention that I have been a VERY FREQUENT flyer to a number of countries and also different States within Canada as well as the USA, throughout my long professional career of 30 plus years. I have also had the wonderful opportunity of experiencing different hospitality in all kinds of hotels / inns --- ranging from very basic hotels to five-star services --- some good ones and some not so exciting in a hospitable sense.

In the last 2 months or plus, I decided to try out Battle Creek MI Best Western Executive Inn (without any references and based on a hunch, a totally a new experience). I am pleased to state that my decision to stay in this place was not at all wrong, but was a very correct one. I have found that the extremely cordial and friendly atmosphere provided by Nick Patel, Tulsi Patel as well as all their staff has truly lived up to the word "BEST" in all it's sense.

I never had any cause to complain about virtually anything in this Inn. Rather, I found that my various requests have always been listened to, and completed to my entire satisfaction.

The room has always been well maintained, no complaints at all on any appliances in the room, or in the cafe. The service provided was excellent. The inn is maintained in all respects, and provides a "HOME AWAY FROM HOME"!

And because of this positive, homely atmosphere at Battle Creek MI Best Western Executive Inn (I do travel a lot and am away from my home frequently), I decided to stay in other Best Western hotels/inns in my visits to other states such as Dallas, Texas, and also do plan to book into the Best Western places in many other states that I need to travel to in the near future. My decision to do so, has been completely motivated by the wonderful atmosphere and services provided by Nick Patel, Tulsi Patel and their friendly staff. I surely give them an excellent rating, and because of these reasons, I have had the pleasure of repeatedly staying in their wonderful inn and enjoying their hospitality.

I have seen many other wonderful people who have been staying here on a long term basis, and so will I also be staying here in my repeated visits to Battle Creek, MI.

I also wish the staff in this Best Western Inn in Battle Creek a wonderful forthcoming season and very Happy Holidays.

Harish Mirchandani

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank HARISH M
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staff is very responsive and receptive. I have stayed several times and am very satisfied with the service. Because of being a frequent visitor the staff makes you feel at home and works to keep all guests happy. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gina H
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Approximately four years ago, we made a change of hotels in Battlecreek and have not looked back. We stay there four nights each spring and fall for our golf trip. Normally we book two rooms each time, but this time one of our friends was unable to come.
He did decide to come for one night as a surprise but instead, he got the surprise. The hotel was completely full and no rooms were available.
If you want a good place to stay at in Battlecreek, you have to book early to ensure a room. I always do. We have two rooms booked for the week of May 13th. for our next golf trip. Again, all I needed to do was give Nick the dates and the booking was done at the normal great rate.
What we really like about our stay is the location (close to highway, great restaurants (and for us Canadians a Tim Hortons a kilometer away) and shopping), the front desk service, cleanlines of our room, and the fact that the staff remains the same with the same excellent service we have received each and every visit.
Its also nice to have access to free internet and long distance calling within Canada and US, so calling home does not increase the cost of our stay.
Again, I highly recommend for you to find out why we continue to stay at the Best Western Executive Inn in Battlecreek.
Tulsi and Nick, thank you for running such an excellent establishment and providing us travellers with excellent value for the dollars spent and of course for providing us with a smoke free environment.

Room Tip: We always like to stay on the main floor close to the front desk. Personal preference. Never had a p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KariGolf
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel is aging fast. Once you get beyond the 'updated' lobby you see what you're really getting. The room I had was equipped with a non functioning coffee pot and furniture was just barely acceptable. The room felt old. The only saving grace was that I used hotel reward points instead of paying cash. My advise is stay elsewhere..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Denver, CO
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked via priceline and had no expectation what my experience would be. But from the moment I walked in the door I felt I was at an establishment that I usually pay twice that amount. Front desk check in clerk was efficient and nice (gave two good restaurant recommendations nearby.) The room was the best part - a brand new renovation of the hotel apparently.... nothing overly fancy but really nice and well done - clean crisp white sheets, good pillows, brand new carpeting, fridge and coffee maker, a small table to eat/work from, good and very clean bathroom, etc. Hallways I think are brand new - nice wood chair rails and such. Upon checkout I was running late and left some veggies in my in-room fridge and Nick at the front ran back with me to get me back into the room and out the door - Nick thanks again! Oh - and the breakfast was pretty darn good - it was included in the price.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My worst experience of my life at a hotel.. Didn't feel safe.. No security at all... Had to clean hot tub in room before using... The location is behind a fast food restaurant.. NICK PATEL charged me 150.00 for smoking in room... That I never smoked in.. Then when I told him I didn't he called POLICE ON ME.. The officer would not go in room..cop told me to pay because "He had other [--] to do"..I called corporate and they told me TO BAD you signed it.. I live 3 hrs away so coming to court in not an option... PLEASE HEAR MY WARNING.. I AM A NICE GUY..

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Jdigi
nick p, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear guest when we checked you into the hotel, you were told that our facility is a 100% non-smoking hotel. Next room across the hall and next door complained of smoke smell coming for the room nearby, the entire 1st floor was checked out at the check out time 11A.M, all rooms were inspected for the smell of smoke, and each and evry room was perfectly fine, you were the only that had a late check out at 12 O'Clock noon, so your room was the only not inspected untill that time when you were checking out. The room smelled like smoke, ashes were found for proof by the trash, police were called to escort you out from the hotel.

Due to you smoking in the room it has been down for a week straight, and we had to have an outside contractor to deep clean the room for 150.00, also it's not fair for our future guest that may have allergies and do not like the smell of smoke

Also you are not welcome at any Best Westen worldwide, due to the situation you have been put on the do not rent list.