“Great place to stay for Firekeepers Casino”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
mi
“Great place to stay for Firekeepers Casino”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Easy to get to off I-94. Fast check in. Nice modern room with king, down duvet, wi-fi.lcd tv.
breakfast buffet had waffles, eggs, sausage, and biscuits, and the usual other stuff. Carter's next door for ice cream.

Firekeepers is 5 minutes down the road.

Only down side was the clerk who asked for info already on the reservation sheet I handed her.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
nick p, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
MANAGER Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 269-9798506.

23157 Property

BEST WESTERN Executive Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast offered a good variety of hot and cold items. Easy access to I-94 and downtown.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Ontario
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed here one night on our way to Chicago. Easy on/off access to Interstate 94. It wasn't busy, so check-in was a breeze. We found the hotel to be clean and generally well-kept. It shares the parking lot with another hotel - at least, it didn't look to be a part of this Best Western property, but I could be wrong. The indoor pool was nice, our teens had a swim and they enjoyed it. Our room was on the ground floor, clean and comfortable, and the bathroom looked to have been newly renovated. The only hitch, the air conditioner was a little noisy. Breakfast was OK: waffle maker, egg patty, sausage, and a selection of muffins etc. We only encountered desk staff, and they were friendly. So, in our experience, a good hotel as a "stop-over" destination.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SadSadGolfer
Evansville, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 31, 2011

the room was clean, newly revented, the pool was nice, the breakfast was excellent with 3 hot items, sauage links, eggs, waffles. i will tell all my friends and traveling throw battle creek. if you need to stay at hotel, i would recommmend this hotel and very well manage.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Our family stayed five days in my hometown. We didn't use the pool since we were really busy. The room was clean and hotel staff was helpful and professional. They have a good hot breakfast with make-your-own waffles, eggs and biscuits and gravy plus fruit, cereal, bagels and so on. They could vary the breakfast a little so guests staying longer don't get bored with it. Due to recent storm activity, the hotel was busy and so was the hotel right next door. Their parking lots face each other. HoJo seemed to house a lot of contractors and it was pretty busy . Our room backed up to a wooded area. We saw lots of wildlife including deer during our stay which was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2011

For starters, I called the hotel and made a reservation. The clerk was very helpful. He was also very helpful and friendly when I checked in. Despite a strong smell of some sort of deodorizer in the lobby, everything looked fresh and new, from the main area to the room to the pool.

This would get an excellent rating but for two problems. I went out in the morning, and went to get back into the room. For some reason I turned the knob before putting my card in the lock, and it opened. My door wasn't locked. I opened and shut it a few times, and it remained unlocked, until finally it locked itself. The thought that my room could have been unlocked the whole night was unnerving. Fortunately I used the chain and padlock while I was inside, but what if the few times I had left the night before it didn't lock behind me?

The other problem was the blonde woman who was working in the breakfast area. She was incredibly rude and condescending. I could forgive the lock issue, as malfunctions happen, but her attitude ruined my stay. Next time I am in the Battle Creek area, I will look elsewhere, and recommend to everyone I know that they do the same.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank umgabri2
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Nick and Tuli are the owners, and their main concern is the customers experience while they are checked into their hotel. I would highly recommend staying with them.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business