“Love It”

Pancake House
Ranked #14 of 164 Restaurants in Battle Creek
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was a really good place to eat, greatly priced, food wonderful, and wonderful staff. My credit card wasn't working they believed me that I would come back & pay, we came back the next day for breakfast told her I owed $4 and she said you don't get to many honest people and didn't make me pay so we made sure to tip good.

1  Thank Rachael W

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Pancake House is located next to a really old Econo Lodge right off the main stretch of downtown Battle Creek. Unless you knew it was here you would not stop for breakfast. It remains one of the few businesses still around.

In business for 45 years, this place is right out of the past. Old time light fixtures, curtains, coffee mugs with local ads, butter type spread in packets and the customers to go with it.

Forget about fresh and healthy offerings. There is no fruit, yogurt, egg whites or turkey anything. Full fat eggs with pre-cooked bacon strips, pancakes with bottled maple syrup and hot off the grill hash browns. Best bet is the omelette, sort of oven baked and very good.

If you are traveling on I-94 looking for a place to stop for breakfast, give this place a try. The owner is always there and perhaps the new menu coming will offer up some new things. It's certainly a change of pace from Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans. Open from 7AM to 2PM.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I moved back to Battle Creek after being gone for 20 years. I have been taking my wife to all the breakfast joins in and around Battle Creek for the last year since my return and she says the Pancake house is the best of them all, and I agree. The variety of breakfast items is unsurpassed by any other restaurant in the area, and every item we have tried is delicious. The omelets are fluffy and full, the steak and eggs with hash browns are very filling, and the crepes are superb. If your order coffee they bring you a whole carafe so you don't have to wait for a waitress to bring more. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. The only problem is you might have to wait awhile on weekends to get seated as they are often filled to capacity.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything was decent. The only thing that surprised me was that they didn't have an array of different types of pancakes. Based on their name, I was under the assumption the amount of pancake choicea would be like IHOP, but it wasn't.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stopped there by accident when the restaurant we were going to was closed. The wait staff was very good, food was good at a good price, old time feel. The orders are huge too much on the plate.
If I’m in the area again I would stop in for breakfast, good American food.
Great cup of coffee try the crapes cream cheese filled with fruit toppings! 