“Anniversary weekend”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Grand Rapids, MI
“Anniversary weekend”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We live in Michigan and frequently stay at the Firekeepers hotel as a get away. This was a 2 night stay for our anniversary, and I have to say I am becoming a little worried about the hotel's upkeep. This was definitely a 5 star originally when it opened. That was a year or so ago and it is starting to show signs of wear. We noticed snags in the curtains, knicks on the woodwork, spots on the carpet as well as on the amenity trays, dust on pictures, mirrors, and headboards and lampshades in need of fixing. Nothing major yet, but in time it all adds up and reduces the rating of the rooms. Perhaps the maid staff have too many rooms to clean in too short of time, but management should be aware.
We ate at several of the restaurants, and had a good time gambling and the bartenders were super. I just want to keep coming here to stay and not be forced to find another 5 star casino hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
FireKeepersCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Firekeepers Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We appreciate your taking time to write about your concerns. They are duly noted. Since opening in December 2012, hotel occupancy rate has been through the roof with so many satisfied guests. We thank you for increasing our awareness of some things (as your wrote—small but, still important) that we need to better focus on. Your message has been seen by top hotel management so they can learn about your feedback. Thank you again for writing and we would like to assure you that we take care of business, are responsive to guest feedback--and you will not need to stay anywhere else!.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We just spend two days, spending one night at the hotel. The rooms were gorgeous and well stocked with all that you need. The people were all pleasant and helpful. All the workers would talk to you as they passed you where ever you went. Enjoyed the sandwich shop food was good. The restaurant we ate in just outside the motel was great. Simon was information and very friendly and our server Amanda was exceptionally great. Everything was better than great and we can't wait to go back! Try this place, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Vicki--Thank you for your sparkling review! So glad you had such a great time. Our staff loves taking care of guests who enjoy our clean, comfortable hotel rooms and dine in one of many restaurants--each with its own style, cuisine and atmosphere. The common threads: Great food, service and miles of smiles! Hope we see you again soon.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Arrived in room and found alot of hair around all corners in bathroom and under waste basket. Spouse went to front desk to tell them and to also ask about a missing amenity from our room. She said someone would bring it up. Staff arrived with items and I asked them to please look at dirty room. Staff saw the hair on the floor and also accepted the dirty sock I found near the TV from a previous guest. Staff asked if I wished for someone to come clean up the bathroom (I was amazed she ask if I wanted it, not that they needed to do it). Just to see what would would hapen I said no, she said if there is anything else I need, please let them know and she left. I could not believe she left the room dirty without insisting someone clean it for us.
Whenever we have stayed at a hotel and arrived at a dirty room, we were moved to a clean one. Not sure why Firekeepers doesn't do this.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
On behalf of FireKeepers Casino Hotel, please permit us to extend our apologies double-fold--for your room that was not properly prepared for your arrival as well as the lack of a reasonable response once we were notified. Clearly, this is not our style--one that offers guests the highest level of service, cleanliness, and comfort. I have alerted our top hotel management and ask you to contact our Front Desk (877-352-8777) to transfer you to them so we have an opportunity to make it right for you. Once again, we apologize.
Greenville, MI
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed in Classic Double Queen Non Smoking room on 01/18, which I had received free from a promotional mailing. Check in was fast and easy, less than 10 minutes and I was on my way to the room. We were on the 5th floor, and our room was very clean and tidy when we arrived. The bathroom is very big with a walk in shower, pleanty of counter space and 2 sinks. There is a seperate little room which had the toilet, which made it nice for privacy sake. I had read some complaints about some noisy air handling units outside of the windows on the even number side of the hotel (we were in room 520) but I didnt hear anything out of the ordinary. There is also a mini fridge which was nice to keep our food and drinks cold while we were there. My only complaint about the room is that my feet hung off the end of the bed when I laid down on it (I'm 6'2") and wasn't very comfortable sleeping. We used the pool area, which has a large hot tub, sauna, and steam room. The seemed to have over chlorinate the pool and hot tub, as our eyes were red and burning after we swam for a while. My wife and I each managed to win a little money in the casino too, so that was a bonus. The is only 1 resturant that the kids can go to which is located next to the Hotel check in area, the others are all in the casino which kids aren't allowed to enter, which is fine and understandable as this is a Hotel/Casino. All in all it was a nice stay, and every staff memeber I encountered was very nice and friendly and asked how my stay was going. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lionsfan1971
FireKeepersCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Firekeepers Casino Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We're glad to learn you enjoyed your stay with us a few days ago. Don't we have the nicest, friendliest staff around? They love treating our guests well. We apologize about the pool--you might have hit it just after treatment. And we're curious about the bed as we have had many tall guests before with no concerns about bed size. Overall, thank you for the sparkling review and we hope to see you again soon.
Fraser, Michigan
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This place is a gem! It's conveniently located off of I-94, parking is plentiful, and checking in was nice and easy. My husband is on a business trip in the area, and I was able to tag along and relax. There is an indoor pool, sauna and steam room, and also a small fitness area. The main attraction is obviously the casino area, but the hotel is fabulous! Everyone that works here is so pleasant and helpful. Our room, with a king-size bed, is wonderful, and the bathroom area is fantastic - especially the shower. The soap and shampoo products they provide smell amazing. The bed and bedding made for a great night's sleep. The entire premises is kept spotless, including the casino area. I'm not a smoker (they also have a non-smoking casino section), and I noticed that they were constantly emptying ashtrays, etc. The hotel itself is smoke-free. They have several different restaurants and lounges, as well as an amazing buffet. I look forward to coming back here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
FireKeepersCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Firekeepers Casino Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hi Bonnie--Thanks for your outstanding review. We're so glad that you had such a great time at FireKeepers in the casino, hotel and restaurants. We await your next trip--and know it will be just as satisfying.
Concord, Michigan
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My recommendation is that anyone staying at this hotel request that your room is not on the second floor ..from my room on the second floor ,all night the only thing I could hear was the casino floor,..it was like carnival music going on all night. I couldn't sleep at all...

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank barbarajo96
FireKeepersCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Firekeepers Casino Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We are sorry to disappoint with the noise level you experienced in your room during your visit. We wonder if you asked to be moved to a different room. Most who have stayed have not been bothered but we do hope you visit again in the future.
Spring Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two consecutive nights last week, and was extremely pleased with the experience. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the rooms are absolutely beautiful! The pool area is fun for children, but my only complaint would be the lack of chairs/tables around the pool. Stay here, they know how to treat a guest and create a memorable experience.

Stayed January 2014
FireKeepersCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Firekeepers Casino Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
We appreciate your high praise! Our outstanding, friendly guest service perfectly complements comfortable and luxurious rooms. We're so glad you had a memorable visit and hope to see you again soon!