“More fun with kids!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Full Blast

Full Blast
More attraction details
Owner description: Indoor recreation center with sports and activities for the whole family.
Grand Rapids, MI
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“More fun with kids!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2008

While working with a YMCA day camp, we took the kids by bus to Full Blast. I always find it so wonderful how kids can manage to bring out the kid in you. This is a place where this is especially important. I don't think it would have been as fun without them. They have an indoor and an outdoor section. The indoor section I found to be pretty fun but not entirely sanitary. The outdoor park is more fun anyway. They have slides that I think are more fun than most. It isn't too expensive compared to other water parks in MI (though we probably got a group discount). And with all the kids we brought there it still didn't seem too crowded. None of the kids complained about having to wait to go down the slides. They are pretty good about safety checks, making everyone get out of the water every once and a while. When we were there they were worried about excrement someone said was in the water. They made everyone get out and searched the pool for a long time. While it was kind of sad to wait, I was just glad that they took something like that so seriously. In the end, it turned out to be a prank. The bathrooms were questionable. Not the best I've seen at a water park, but definitely not the worst. Would definitely recommend! (Not to mention Cereal City is right next door!)

Michigan
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Poor Staff and Unclean”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2007

Very unclean and poorly run. The entire place was downright flithy. The pools indoor water park is tiny and disgusting. The regular play areas are worn out and often so filthy that they were sticky. The carpeted areas were covered in dirt. The only positive here is young kids enjoyed the pool...but I haven't seen a pool they haven't enjoyed. Bottom line, we will not go back. Our last trip resulted in an ear infection for our oldest child, who never has ear problems. I'll drive an extra two hours and go to the Great Wolf Lodge!!

2 Thank dpuck1998
Rockwall, Tx
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Full Blast...great value and family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2006

For $7 each we rollar skated and swam in the outdoor and indoor pool. We enjoyed the hotdogs and pizza for lunch. All other waterparks are very expensive in comparison and we had a great day here..My 8 year old granddaughter had a great time. I recommend any travelers with children to go here, summer or winter.

5 Thank DebraLynn
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great (young) Family Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2006

My family lives in Northern Indiana, about 1.5 hours from Battle Creek. We were looking for a fun way to spend the day together as a family, and this was it! I must qualify this review by stating that we visited in the winter and only used the indoor pool/waterpark area. Their website doesn't really offer any photos to show exactly what you can expect, so I was concerned we were making a fairly long trip with good possibility of being dissapointed. We were pleasantly surprised by the indoor water park. I wouldn't call it outstanding, but our 5 & 7 year old had a great time. There is a zero-entry pool that is perfect for small children (there were toddlers playing there in the fountains) and a whirlpool - not a hottub, but an actual pool that swirls in a circle - the kids LOVED that. And the two waterslides were just right for our kids. The best part was that there was no area deeper than 3 feet, so our kids could touch bottom anywhere they went. There were lifeguards on duty at several locations througout the pool area, and they were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They enjoyed the kids and didn't mind getting into the fairly chilly water to "catch" my daughter at the bottom of the waterslides. My only complaints about the whole experience are that the water was pretty cool - the kids hung in there for the whole 2 hours we were there, but my daughter's lips were purple by the time we finally dragged her out. Also, the locker room floor was pretty yucky. I'm not sure it had been swept in quite a while, but we had brought our "pool shoes" so we didn't have to stand on it. Overall, a great experience that the kids are sure to remember fondly. I wouldn't make a special trip from any further than we did (unless you combine that trip with another attraction, like Binder Park Zoo, which is way cool), but if you're in the neighborhood, it's a great way to spend the day. Can't wait to visit again in the summer when the outdoor park is open, too!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2003

Full Blast is a great place to visit when you are in town. You can swim, play basketball, and so much more.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member