Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek/I-94
McCamly Plaza Hotel(Battle Creek)
$129
$76
BestWestern.com
$97
QualityInn
Fairfield Inn Battle Creek(Battle Creek)
$109
$98
Travelocity
$101
Courtyard Battle Creek(Battle Creek)
$130
Courtyard
All reviewsroom was cleanthird flooryogurtwaffle makerone night stayup to datenice staystaff was very friendlygravycasino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Staff was nice, but we were checked into a room that was not clean. We were switched to a different room. Hotel seemed dirty. Beds were hard as a rock. Not great. Did not feel very safe.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 16, 2008

First of all, I chose this hotel through the Baymont website and later found out that had I booked through the hotel directly, I could have saved $30.00. Upon arrival, I noticed that the lobby looked a little neglected. It ended up being a reflection of the rest of the hotel. Staff was courteous enough when I checked in but she appeared to be the only person on staff and was qutie busy. Our room was 222 and it had a definite odor. I later figured out that this was largely to do with the air conditioner. It was filthy! I ended up opening the window and turning the unit off. The bed linens and bath areas appeared clean but the carpet was fairly stained throughout the room. The furniture was worn and dated. The mattresses were very stiff and lumpy. I could definitely feel the bedsprings. I woke up in the night with a terrible backache and could not return to sleep. The furnishings are dated and there are definite signs of negelct; peeling paint, broken and worn trim. The pool and hot tub looked murky and there was a hose left laying by the pool area. Hardly any towels by the pool. I'm not sure if we will ever be in this area again but this has definitely turned me off to staying at any Baymont. I should have checked TripAdvisor before picking this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank 3doglovr
Reviewed April 4, 2008

The location is very easy to find - right off of I-94.

We arrived mid-afternoon to check in. I had reserved 2 rooms. I was in town with 6 other people for a bowling tournament. Thank God we were only there for 1 night. While I did not hear of any problems with the other room, there were problems with the room that I stayed in.

When we arrived the front desk staff was nice, but not overly friendly. We got checked in and proceeded to our room (#320). The first thing that we noticed was that it appeared that the room may have been broken into at sometime. There was literally a portion of the door missing - where as allowing you to see into the room near the door handle, while standing in the hall. Then it appeared that the electronic key would not unlock the door even though the light was turning green. So I went back to the front desk to report the key problem and also told them that it appeared that the room may have been broken into at some time. They laughed that off and blamed it on the maintenance man. I told them that I was very uncomfortable staying in that room, but they did not offer to move us nor did they offer that there was no place to move us. The maintenance man showed up to look at the key/lock situation - come to find out you had to lift the handle, not push it down......but we were not informed of that from the front desk staff.

The heater was loud . On a good note, everything up and down the hall seemed quiet, despite the fact there were a lot of kids on our floor (little girls birthday party or something).

The breakfast was OK. A large selection of hot and cold items to choose from, but it seemed to be understaffed. For as busy as the breakfast was, it took too long to get items replenished when they ran out.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 29, 2007

When I first arrived, I waited for a good 5 minutes before help arrived at the front desk. After I was greeted, I confirmed with the front desk clerk that I would like a non-smoking room. She said there weren't any rooms available...and that the first floor, single bed, smoking room she was giving me 'hardly ever gets checked out'. I was encouraged to 'go smell it' and if it smelled too bad, she said she would change my room.. As soon as I opened the door to the room, the smell of mold and smoke about knocked me down. I immediately went back to the front desk and she upgraded my room to a double, non-smoking room with refrigerator and microwave on the second floor. She was very nice and polite about it.

When I entered into the second room, it was like being in a totally different hotel! No smell! The only issue I had was the shower made a sqeaking noise when it was warming up. Other than that, my stay was okay. This hotel is off the beaten path a little...not far from a lot of eating places, the mall, and the highway. As a female traveling alone, I felt very safe here.

The breakfast in the morning was decent...waffles, yogurt, bagles, muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, milk, juice and coffee.

I paid less then $60.00 a night for this room through Hotwire - they had it rated as a 2 star...and that rating is right on. I know the hunt for a clean safe hotel in Battle Creek can be daunting, as I have stayed there for work before. So for little money, this place was alright. For a quick night to lay your head, the price can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2007

I would definitely not recommend this hotel. My experience was very unpleasant. When we arrived we did not get the room we were promised, we got one of the employee’s rooms instead. Not very professional. The pool was murky and has no deep end. We asked for more towels and we were told that had to wash them. Never received our towels until the next morning, one hour before check-out time. I will never stay here again or another Baymont for that matter.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends