“Outdated property”

Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek/I-94
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my first stay at this particular Baymont and I found the property to be average at best. There are certainly some renovations that could be done to bring things up to date. Upon check in we were told that the pool and hot tub were closed for spring cleaning - this is the kind of information that to me should be shared when someone calls in to make their reservations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 1, 2013

1  Thank Roger C
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place was awesome, the people were super friendly and went out of their way to help how ever they could. We were there for the Men's State Bowling Tournaments and they gave excellent directions, Most of the reviews are 2 years old and not even close. Thank goodness I didn't go by the prior reviews...... The breakfast was very good also, we would stay here again...

Room Tip: Please disregard the negative reviews they are at least 2 years old.........
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Baymont B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek/I-94, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled when our guest's enjoy themselves at our Baymont. We are constantly renovating, and we love reviews because they show us where we need to focus our attentions on.
We hope that you did well in your tournament, and that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The staff is very professional and helpful. The hotel rooms and lobby are clean. My room had a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave along with a small desk. The desk contains a lamp with the only available free plug for my electronics. The only other plug is near the sink. My pet peeve is the lack of plugs next to the bed to charge my phone.

Now for the rest....the popcorn ceiling in my room had a brown water stain running the full length and width of the room and this was on the second floor. I asked for a room opposite the expressway, I'm not sure if this was any better. Truckers park their semi trailers on this side and you here the engines running through the night. Bring your ear plugs.

My shower made a loud whistling sound when utilized, I tried adjusting it many times, with no relief. Then you get to hear everyone else's shower whistling too. The water pressure in the shower is low also. Wi-if is available on each of the three floors, but its slow. I could look at my emails, but was unable to stream a movie on my iPad without it freezing up constantly. I didn't utilize the pool, so no comment. The hotel does not have a fitness area, but they give you directions to a nearby very nice fitness facility that gives you free access with your hotel room card/key.

The hotel breakfast is mediocre, consisting of breads, cereals, small muffins or pastries, juices, coffee, waffle maker, and a three serving crock pot has sausage gravy for the biscuits, scrambled eggs, and sausage patties. There are apples, oranges, and some yogurt also. I saw one banana one morning, which I thankfully grabbed ( the bananas must go quick).

The hotel is located next to a Cracker Barrel and right down the road are many shopping opportunities and a variety of restaurants. Thankfully there is a Starbucks nearby.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We strive to make each guest's stay an enjoyable one, however from time to time situations do occur, as you noted on the ceiling of your room. Please note that the sprinkler issue has been taken care of, and we are in the process of repainting the ceilings. The breakfast is filled with many varieties of foods to attempt to offer something for everyone.
Please rest assured that we take feedback such as yours greatly into consideration as we move forward in our renovations.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Baymont B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek/I-94, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Reviewed April 15, 2013