Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek Downtown
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Grand haven, MI
“Decent”
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Nice hotel, good breakfast in the morning. Rooms were average.. but clean. The pool area was nice but their were ants in the pool. Would probley stay again.

• Liked — quite and not to busy
  • Disliked — ants in pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Date: July 2008
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member, Adrian, Mi.

We stayed at the AmeriHost in Battle Creek for two nights. The rooms are average with double beds, not very comfortable.
We went down to the New breakfast area (small), a basic breakast, the FRESH fruit was brown bananas & a wrinkled apple. The only things good there was the fresh made waffles & the coffee.
Went back to the room to pack lunches for the day & there were ANTS in the peanut butter, bread & all over the desk & anything else that was on the desk, also found dead ants in the fridge. Went to the front desk & told them & the guy went & sprayed Raid around the fridge, desk & dark blue carpet (I don't think this was the first time they sprayed for insects they had the spray right under the front desk) Had to ask for another room, one was not offered to us.
We moved to another room ,this one did not have ants but an air conditioner that dripped water everytime it ran (drip, drip, drip). Stepped on the carpet by the window & my feet got wet. We did not eat at the hotel the morning that we checked out.
The people working there were friendly & helpful, but it takes more to get us to go back there again. Next time we go to Battle Creek we will stay somewhere else.

• Disliked — Ants
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Battle Creek hotels

Michigan
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Stayed here for a baseball tournament and booked through the agency that handled the tournament (choice of 3 or 4 hotels offered) and we will definitely stay here again for next years tournament. Place is clean and staff is great, esp. the afternoon desk clerk (good guy). Close to Federal building and downtown. Pool area is great, clean. Rates are slightly above avg. for the area but no problem. This would be a good choice.

• Liked — location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 17, 2008

While certainly not a luxury hotel, I decided to stay here after reading less than glowing reviews of the McCamly. This hotel was reasonably clean and had a simple but acceptable breakfast included. It is very well-located if you need to be near downtown Battle Creek. It was perfectly acceptable, and I'd consider staying here again. However, guests should expect this to be exactly as advertised...a good budget hotel.

• Liked — Conveniently located to downtown area
  • Disliked — Bathroom could have used some updating
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed December 31, 2007

I can't say enough about how accommodating and friendly the staff was here.
The front desk clerks felt like new neighbors by the time we checked out. They never missed a beat on anything. We were there as a large group attending a wrestling dual meet so needless to say, it was very busy for them. I can't speak for the group, but my experience and from what I could see, needs were met at every angle with a smile...you can't beat that~
The teamwork between the staff members was also unbelievable.
The hotel itself was alright. Upgrades could be used, however I learned that a new manager had taken over a few months before and plans to renovate the establishment were on the way.
The rooms and hallways were clean.
The pool was clean.
The breakfast buffett was decent. My understanding from the front desk staff is that there are plans to expand the area and the menu to include additional food, including hot items.
Once the upgrades are made, this place can only rise to the top with the great teamwork and impeccable customer service they have already.
If you're going to Battle Creek and want a great stay for a reasonable price, this is the ticket!

• Liked — Customer service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank travelingmomChicago
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I was travelling with my twin brother and we ended up having to stop here for the night because of bad weather. My bro works for the U.S. Government and he had just come off of a 3 month detail to Toronto. I was visiting a friend in Buffalo, so I thought I'd take the train to Toronto and then we'd drive back together the next day.

As I said, we'd been forced to stop for the night because of bad weather and fortunately they had adajacent rooms for us. Unfortunately, the lock was broken on the door to my room. I can take care of myself and I've travelled alone, but I certainly didn't want to stay in a room with no locks. They couldn't get a locksmith. It being a busy holiday weekend, they had no other rooms left. Fortunately, both rooms had two beds, so I did end up sharing a room with my twin bro (I do love the guy, but sharing a room...well at least there were 2 beds and we were desparate!) The hotel was gracious enough not to charge me for the room!

And they had a nice indoor pool. As we both had our swimsuits with, we did take advantage of it!

• Liked — Their Staff.
  • Stayed November 2006
1 Thank MusicianGirl
Iowa
Reviewed September 9, 2007

Needed a place close to hospital. Booked on line, based on location, rate, and reviews. Happily discovered all were just fine. Great value and location. Clean and nicely appointed. This is a safe bet! Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Would certainly stay there again. Ask for 2nd floor, its off street and a bit quietier. Try Clara's just down the street in the old train station for dinner to round out your stay.

Stayed September 2007