Fairfield Inn Battle Creek
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$94
McCamly Plaza Hotel(Battle Creek)
$129
$107
Hampton.com
$97
QualityInn
Courtyard Battle Creek(Battle Creek)
$130
$101
TripAdvisor
All reviewswafflesstay frequentlythe young man workingopened earlierlong weekendroom was cleanexcellent staysmall issuequiet areafree breakfastmeeting roomaverage breakfastan average hotellate checkoutcracker barrelfresh fruitexercise room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel just what we wanted- nothing spectacular but a pleasant place to stay. We were in town for a family reunion the hotel was clean and modern. The breakfast was acceptable. The indoor pool and spa was a nice treat. The staff was very nice. No complaints.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a sporting event at the Kellogg arena. Upon checking in we were told our children need to be supervised with an adult at all times (teenagers), no noise in the halls after 9pm, and that no liquor in any form could be outside of our hotel room. I do travel for business and totally understand why these guidelines are in place. I do suggest if you have such strict guidelines not to offer a group rate to a sports team as they did.

Rooms were very nice but lacked a closet. There was a hanging area in the room for clothes but no doors so there was not an official closet.

The regular rate was $149 the group sports rate for our team was $129 and the hotel is not located near downtown Battle Creek which offers a more tourist location. We switched to the McCalmly Plaza Hotel which rooms were very comparable for $109 for our additional nights stay.

Room Tip: Would not recommend for team travel, or for families with older kids.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

One of the nicer Fairfield Inns we have stayed at...rooms aren't huge but they are sufficient. We had a refrigerator which came in handy since it was hot and humid both days we were around. Continental breakfast was normal, pool size was adequate. Wireless internet worked good. Cell phone service was a struggle though unless you went outside. Overall, very pleased with service, accommodations and services. Would definitely return. Prices were a little higher but that was a result of the hot air balloon festival in town as well as baseball/softball tournaments. Easy access from I94.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for three nights on June 20 to 23. The hotel was very nice and clean even though it was almost to capacity. Our room was smallish but sufficient for sleeping and showering. There was no fridge or microwave in the room, however, some other people in our group did get a fridge and microwave even though we are Mariotte gold members. No big deal, but would have been nice.
The pool was nice and refreshing and they had a small patio outside which was nice in the evening. The breakfast buffet was poor (scrambled eggs were from a powder and the microwaved sausage patties were inedible). Sat morning they put the breakfast away at 9:30 even though they are supposed to serve the breakfast until 10:30 on weekends. I think they ran out of eggs and sausage so they took everything away. We only ate the complimentary breakfast one morning then ate out the rest of our stay.
The worst part was after I returned I checked my Visa card bill and they had charged me twice for the stay. I called the hotel and the lady I spoke with said she only showed one charge to my card and that I would need to talk to the manager about it. I asked when the manager would be in and she said Wednesday (this was Monday). This is not good customer service to mess up someone's bill then ask them to wait for two days to get it straightened out. Since I used a debit card, the money is tied up in my checking account for an extra two days while I wait for the manager to return to work. Not acceptable.

Other than the bill mix-up, the hotel is nice, clean and convenient and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Battle Creek area. Just pay your bill in cash, not debit card.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and microwave if you need it because all rooms do not come with one.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beechluver
Heather K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Battle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Beechluver,
I am truly sorry about the billing error on our part. Please contact me at your convenience, if this matter has not been completely resolved to your satisfaction. Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our extremely high cleanliness standards and I think we have the nicest hotel pool in the Battle Creek area. I am glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you at the Fairfield Inn Battle Creek again soon! Kind Regards.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lobby was very attractive and clean. Room was spacious and clean. Upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite with micro & fridge when we asked. Pool was large. Room towels were good size and quality was fairly good. We were on the street side about the middle of the hall. It was quiet - no street noise and no noise from other rooms. Bed was quite comfortable but pillows were flat and no variety. Breakfast was better than average but eggs were not fresh scrambled but rather from a mix and tasteless. The pastries were better than average choices. Several varieties of fresh fruit to choose from. The hotel is conveniently located to the expressway and shopping at several malls. We went to the local casino just down the road a short distance. Would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They were very willing to accomodate us.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Lisa D,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your whirlpool suite upgrade. Also sounds like you were able to experience all the fun that the Battle Creek area has to offer. We think it's the best place around for some fun and relaxation! We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn. Best Regards.