“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Admittedly, after taking a "tour" of Battle Creek, I really wasn't expecting to be impressed at dinner. Boy was I wrong! Battle Creek's downtown - like many cities and towns across America - is struggling. There are a few restaurants placed in between abandoned offices and store-fronts. So when we parked directly in front of Malia, not only was I not expecting the restaurant to be crowded, but I certainly wasn't expecting its fantastic decor. Although not a large space, it is well situated so that you don't feel crammed in. The restaurant has a wonderful feel to it and a trendy look that rivals any bistro in any major city. The food was fantastic - even a dish as simple as fettucine alfredo had something extra special about it. And to top it all off - the staff was very friendly and very attentive! I would highly recommend Malia Mediterranean Bistro to anyone wanting good food and a pleasant dining experience. I, myself, will be back the next time I'm in Battle Creek!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wow - really outstanding offerings for a town of BC's size. They are not inexpensive but really the best culinary treat in town. Delicious! Wait staff are up to the task of serving in a professional setting.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is not a place I would expect in downtown Battle Creek Michigan. I tried the mussels appetizer, very nice, and a pasta dish for dinner with some excellent wine. Nice wine list. Good and unpretentious service, very down to earth place but great food and nice atmosphere. Make a reservation because they are often full

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went here for the 2nd time a few weeks ago with friends. Each of us had a great meal. We have dined here before and also had a very good meal. Service was great both times we visited. Best restaurant in Battle Creek and one of the top in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo areas.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is the place to go for that special occasion when in Battle Creek. Yes, it costs more. Yes, it is on the small side and tough to get a seat on certain nights. But my my, the food is something special here. They serve it up with charm, and it tastes so good here at Malia's. This is first rate and hard to believe that Battle Creek is able to hold onto this establishment, particularly in the downtown area. The only real competition for quality this good is at the casino out by the highway (I-94). Everything at Malia's is cooked to perfection, with terrific ingredients. It is perhaps also the most romantic place to take your date in the area as well, with wait-staff dressed as they should be and soft lighting inside a small building that feels very comfortable. One thing I noticed on several trips here...the kitchen staff, which can be seen right in the middle of the restaurant, are always smiling and happy...an indication that they actually ENJOY preparing the food here! Give yourself a special night out, or a nice lunch date and try Malia's.