“Malia or Malea, either way you spell it, it's good!”

Malia Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in Battle Creek
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Wayne
“Malia or Malea, either way you spell it, it's good!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The name is actually Malia (confused me at first), which I think stands for great service and amazing food. At least that is what my experience was when visiting this for the first time. I could not get over the personal attention and genuine conversation I had with the owner, the manager and both chefs. I have the fortune to travel frequently and dine in great restaurants, and the filet I had at Malia takes a back-seat to no one. They have a really nice wine selection and deserts also. I will go out of my way to come back here!

• Visited July 2011

Battle Creek, Michigan
“Best restaurant in Battle Creek, no contest”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Battle Creek finally has a real high end restaurant again. After not having a real high end restaurant for several years, this is a breath of fresh air. Pasta is handmade. Steaks are cooked right. Fish is not overcooked like in so many other restaurants. This is nothing short of amazing in Battle Creek! Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2011
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Great Food, Good Wine List”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

The food is really great. Good wine list. I've been there twice. The first time I had the bruchetta for an app, and was dissapointed that fresh basil & mozarella were not used. It was in January, and I understand that fresh basil is harder to get at that time of year. But, to me, bruchetta is all about the fresh basil & mozarella. The second time I was there, I had the portabella mushroom for an app, delish! I wish I could eat that everyday! The cream of mushroom soup is very rich and thick, great taste, but for me it was too rich. I've had two pasta dishes, both were great. Chicken marsala & the flank steak.The atmosphere is nice, very clean. Serice was great the first time. Second time was not so great. But I will definately go back.

• Visited January 2011