“1st time Casino visit”

Firekeeper's Casino
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place is architecturally beautiful, and is still undergoing construction. The people were pretty friendly who worked there, but could have seen more workers serving drinks. We ended up having to go to the bar to get ours, which wasn't horrible at all, but it would have been even better if we didn't have to cash out of our slot machine just to go get a drink.

1  Thank Holly T

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Casino was nice, big, lots to do, decor, restraunts, parking, everythign was enjoyable. Staff was friendly, we had a great time.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have been to Firekeepers about four times now and I still have not gotten to the far wall!! They have so many machines you really need to stay over for a couple of days to see them all, unless you just tour the place and don't play. We received a really nice free play package after our previous visit, but it diminshed each month to the point that by the time we came back (about 6 months - it's a four hour drive for us) we had no free play. We have been offered one free room which we couldn't take advantage of due to weather related issues (it's Michigan!!).
The buffet is quite nice and the 24/7 has a really good french dip with fries which we split and it was plenty of food.
I didn't find it anymore smokey than most casinos, if you need all non-smoking, you need to go to Windsor. If you sit down next to someone who is smoking, that's your choice, if you are already seated and they come and light up you can move, or if you are winning, you probably won't. I believe the Casinos are afraid to become non-smoking because most vices go together...smoking,drinking, gambling. If you cannot tolerate it, you probably need to find a new hobby. (BTW I do not smoke, nor never have smoked) I wish I could comment on the rooms, hope they will send me a free offer after our last visit. I lost, but my husband won enough to cover my losses, plus!

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nicely decorated, new, and clean. The staff is mostly very pleasant. The food is decent and you can get a discount with your players club card. All that being said, most ppl come to casinos to win. Well that won't happen here. The slots are terrible! I've been here about 5 times and never walked out much ahead and mostly loosing all I came with. There is a TON of penny slots. So if you play the quarter and dollar ones they are scarce. Only come back because they keep sending me free stays. But don't even think I'll use them anymore. Very disappointed as I enjoy gambeling.

6  Thank deefly28
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This casino has a non-smoking section but the smoke scent permeates throughout the entire casino … it is not an overwhelming smoke odor but one that is still prominent. The staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful with the exception of a Cashier who could use a bit of happy personality infusion and customer service training. It’s a rather large facility with plenty of aisle room to walk around and definitely plenty of and a variety of slot machines. Our experience was similar to other reviews here that comment that the payout here is not adequate. In addition, while the machines proudly display 1 cent, the minimums for these 1 cent machines range from no less than 25 cents and usually require 30 cents or 40 cents and up. Another annoyance is that the maximum is mandatory at nearly every machine to be eligible for the bonus amounts and these maximums are in the range of $1.50, $2.50 and upward. It probably made more sense to play the tables rather than the slot machines in terms of winning odds and cost at those prices. A super annoyance was a promotion that required the accumulation of 500 points and a need to be present for winners that were chosen from a large segment of time ... more time than most people would spend at a casino. For example: From 4 p.m. to midnight. Not likely to win and not likely to be present if lady luck was on a person's side. This casino and many others are taking their clientele for granted and, in the end, they are inadvertently reducing the incentive to be enticed to make the effort to go.

2  Thank Vacationers2007