“horrible, smoky, and confusing”

Firekeeper's Casino
Fremont, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“horrible, smoky, and confusing”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I can only compare this with Soaring Eagle Casino. I've never been to any others. Compared to Soaring Eagle, this casino is cramped, dirty, and just downright depressing.

Visited May 2012
8 Thank mousie40

Demotte, IN.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful casino.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This casino gave you a lot of room. You never felt crowded and it wasn't smokey as some casino's are. They had plenty of new slots and the restroom's were always within reach as well as the beverage stations. The only problem was the slots were really tight.

Adrian, Michigan
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“excellent casino and the buffet is hard to beat”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Firekeepers is a well managed casino, clean and large enough that you don't feel cramped like many other casinos we've been to. they are continually adding new games and the staff is courteous and helpful thru out . This is a longer drive for us, compared to other casinos closer to our home but we prefer it mainly due to the above, it is more relaxing and we just have more fun even if we dont hit it big. overall this is an excellent casino and the Mijem buffet is hard to beat, especially if you use your points from games. The dining area is good sized and the buffet offers a wide variety of ethnic food dishes as well as traditional foods and it is always plentiful, at the correct serving temperatures and wait staff are always nearby for assistance. if you leave and are still hungry its definitly your own fault. parking has never been an issue either in the enclosed parking levels or outside.

2 Thank shrewdgrud
Columbia, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A Nice Place to Lose Your Money!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Neither my husband nor I are big gamblers, but we do enjoy going to a casino from time to time. Firekeeper's Casino is large - larger than I expected - with something for every gambler regardless of your level of expertise. If you're a non-smoker, Firekeeper's has a ventilation system in place to keep smoke to a minimum. It works pretty well unless you happen to be in close proximity to a smoker (NOTE: Smoke is not completely eliminated, so don't go expecting not to smell any smoke). However, there is a (small) smoke-free area. Of course, you have to walk through the "regular" smoky areas to get to it!

I'm told by some family members that the food at the buffet is great; unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to try for ourselves. Overall, the Firekeeper's Casino is a nice place and one that I would visit again if I happen to be in the area.

Okemos, Michigan
676 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 464 helpful votes
“A fun casino”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Came here for the buffet. Played the slots and left a small winner. High ceilings help and abundent slots and tables make it a good casino to visit. Have been here before and will be here again. Easy to get to as it next to I-94 and only a short distance west of I-69 (on I-94).