“Money Keepers is right”

Firekeeper's Casino
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I live locally to the Casino and this was my 4th visit to the place with my wife. The slots are terrible at payouts. This is the 4th time we went and lost what we came to gamble with. The casino took our money in the first 20 minutes.....

The odds are stacked against you, not many people win at this Casino... Your better off trying another one in Michigan. I wont be going back to this casino ever.....

11  Thank Praetorian269

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Have been to Firekeeper's Inn several times in the past year. The slots are paying less and less every time I go. The service for drinks is very good. The staff is very obliging. It is very clean place, and even the bathrooms are immaculate. Have never tried the buffet, since I believe $15.99 is quite steep for lunch. My trips there will decrease due to the tight machines, but at least it is a better casino than those in the downtown Detroit area.

2  Thank SuePillon
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel being built right now. Big with all new machines. A lot of pennies, but not many quarter slots. Tables were always full. Choice of foods, but prices at buffet were high. If you like the atmosphere, crowds and losing, then this place is for you.

5  Thank sallyr399
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is the first time I have been to this casino. At the spur of the moment, I decided to drive up to Battle Creek. I don't go to casino's very often. I stayed at the Comfort Inn, which provided a shuttle for $7 round trip. Went and got my rewards card, which gave me discounts on food. The Wheel of Fortune slots took my money right away. Blew $40 in less than 5 minutes. Then I discovered the penny Yahtzee slot machines. There I played all evening, winning enough to double my $100, plus buy a nice BBQ rib dinner, a glass of wine, $2 cover charge for listening to a band play, then lemon cheesecake at the end. I used the $100 that I won to pay for my room at motel. Sunday on my back home, I decided to stop at casino again and try my luck. That day was not my lucky day. Played same slot machines, but lost all of my $100.

3  Thank Gloriousglo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This place fully deserves the moniker 'Moneykeepers' in more ways than one. Just had an awful experience on our first visit there a few days ago. I don't go to a casino often, but it was a holiday and I had saved my money for this 3 hr trip for some fun. After signing up for our players cards, I put a 20 dollar bill in the first machine I sat at..I pressed the spin button and nothing happened..I then noticed that the buttons were not lit up, which indicated that the machine wasn't working. I then pressed the cash out button..again, nothing happened. I called the attendant, who then came over..I explained what happened...he took notes, opened the machine and examined it. He noted the time I had sat down and indicated that I did indeed put a 20 into the machine...he then told me that another customer had also put a 20 into the machine and their was no way he could be sure that it was mine! Then the attendent tried to tell me that I had most likely taken the money OUT after I put it in per surveillance video...this was absolutely NOT true because of how I put my money in...I was practically in tears, but he didn't seem empathetic in the least that I had just seen 20 dollars literally disappear and his attitude was one of 'tough luck' because the machine was out of order. Needless to say, that will be our LAST visit to 'Moneykeepers'.

13  Thank michinmich