“Nice casino”

Firekeeper's Casino
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We have been to this casino twice now and we really enjoy the trip. It is clean and well taken care of. The music and clubs are hip and much more modern than some casinos. The alcohol isn't too high priced and the slots are still pretty loose. It is a pretty casino.

There are newer reviews for Firekeeper's Casino

Reviewed November 1, 2011

When Firekeepers first opened, they had pretty good payouts. As soon as the construction began on the new hotel, everything went downhill fast. The slots have to be the tighest I have ever seen. One thing I noticed on the Quick Hits is how they do the bonus spins when you chose squares on the video screens to see your number of spins. there are three of every number except for 7, the second lowest number of free spins you can get. There are four of those. The odds of getting a good amount of free spins (maxium of 20) is reduced drastically. After seeing how they rig one of their most popular slots to basically rip you off when you get the bonus, I can only imagine how many other games have just a little tweak here and there that make a huge difference in the odds of winning anything. I haven't noticed this at other casinos, maybe its the same, but going by the low payouts this casino makes, I am sure something is going on to make this place have the worst slot payout I have seen in Michigan. Another thing I have notices is that on any holiday they seem to have everything shut off because they know the people will be there. Avoid Firekeepers on holidays. The slots are even tighter than usual,(if thats even possible). It can be a fun place to get some atmosphere and watch a football game or listen to band. But if you're planning on playing the slots while you're there, you would be better off just throwing your money out your car window on the way there and not give them the satisfaction of shafting you out of it on the jokes they call slots.

20  Thank Todd K
Reviewed October 31, 2011

It's a big casino it has a poker area, a couple game tables and lots of slots. There's a bar in the front, the drinks aren't priced great but, what do you expect at a casino bar? There is usually band playing in there,so that is cool. There are 3 or 4 places to eat, we've only ever eaten at the buffet. It's got a lot of good food but can also be pricey.And last I heard they were building a resort/hotel on to the casino. The only thing that kind of stinks is that they don't give you free play when you sign up for their player's club like most other casinos.

1  Thank MrsTJK3311
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Went to Firekeepers with friends meeting first at the Sports Bar. As we entered the complex, we looked for parking, and it appeared that only valet was offered, however it WAS complimentary. The valet explained how we took care of the ticket when we come out later.
As we entered the casino, I was hit with the strong smell of smoke, my friend explained that it is most likely because in MI there Are few places for people to smoke. We immediately went to the sports bar to wait for friends. Drinks were expensive for a casino.
Had the buffet, which was very reasonable for the food they offered. The food was excellent and the service quick.
Had a hard time using the ATM - but eventually it worked.
The tables were priced well for a casino and the amount of tables was extensive.
My only complaint would be that there should be an area that is strictly non Smoking.
Will return again when the hotel is completed.

2  Thank blondewithdogs
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This casino is about halfway between Marshal and Battle Creek and is near the interstate exit. There is plenty of covered parking. This is a fairly large casino. I like penny slots and there were plenty to choose from. While I didn't walk away a winner I did win often enough to keep playing. In other words, I didn't reach my spending limit within the first 30 minutes. Be sure to get a players card so you can take advantage of the excellent buffet. You'll get $4 off the regular $19.95 price. But the cost was worth it. There is a large selection of various cuisines. All the food appeared fresh and what I had was all tasty. The wait staff was very attentive.

1  Thank CovingtonCat