“OMG SO DIRTY<”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Battle Creek, Michigan
“OMG SO DIRTY<”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We went here because one of the amenities was a pool- After we checked in the day we went down to the pool- but it was "closed" The person said in the office that it wouldn't be opened this year and was not open last year because it cost to much and the rooms are to "cheap" and the pool cost to much to run! When we went back to room we started noticing the room itself was filthy! Beyond filthy when I went down to talk to them about it they told me that I had to notify them within 5 minutes and because I didn't there was nothing that could be done!! REALLY?? Do not go here even if YOU were paid!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank yak229

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago IL
Reviewed December 28, 2009

The carpet had so much dust around the edge it looked gray
The non smoking room smelled like an ashtray
The manager was not helpfull at all
All I wanted to do was leave

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank electric001

Travelers are raving about these Battle Creek hotels

Great White Nowhere
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Horrible cleaning. Hair in the bathroom. Carpets are filthy and cobwebs everywhere. If I had seen the night before what I had seen in the morning. We would have been out of there. Thank God I slept on top of the bed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PurpleDolphin
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2007

This is an older Motel 6 property and needs some renovation. My room was in the middle of the property and was insulated from most of the freeway noise from the too close Interstate. The room was clean, and the neighborhood safe. The staff less than great, telling me how they hated winter, and that they were only in Battle Creek for the Motel 6 job.

If I were to return, I'd ask for a room on the second floor on the south end on the west side of the west building facing the Cracker Barrel, away from the Interstate. The middle area is a little junky, and the east side of the east building has a lot of exhaust from the Denny's next door. The weekly rentals seem to be closest to the freeway.

But I would check the rates for the Fairfield three doors down and if I could get deal, I'd go there instead. I stay at a lot of Motel 6's (see my history) and this one is one in the lower half of my stays, but certainly not the worst (Tempe AZ, Priest Road).

• Liked — Price, location
  • Disliked — A little run down. Dinner at China House - yuck!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Rockwall, Tx
Reviewed July 8, 2006

Grandmother, daughter, and 8 year old granddaughter stayed 2 nights and found the motel safe and clean..Motel 6 is basic and no frills but the staff checked on us after check in which no other motel or hotel has ever done and they were extremely helpful and nice. The price was so good, we were able to spend more on activites and nice restaurants. There was a problem on the reservation price that was resolved in a few minutes by the manager. My granddaughter enjoyed the small outdoor pool and we would definately stay there again.

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank DebraLynn
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 16, 2006

I stayed here one night; I switched my reservation to this place from the Guesthouse International after reading bad reviews about it. I can say that at least there weren't ant police raids in the parking lot, like the Guesthouse. What you get is a place to lay your head cheaply. That's what Motel 6 sells. No continental breakfast. Most Motel6's are located next to a restaurant, as this one was. It has a pool, but it was being serviced , being made ready for the season. And the location wasn't intimidating. Building's appearance was rather worn, however.
Bottom line: Dirt cheap price, that's all.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank jnik
Reviewed July 17, 2005

I read a review in Tripadvisor that the Motel 6 in Battle Creek Mi, wasn't a bad place to spend a night. DON'T DO IT!!!! My wife and I made reservations & we checked in at approx. 6 pm, well we checked out 10 min.'s latter, very unclean. I'm hoping most Motel 6's arn't like this one,but I think we should ask to see the room before we check in, if the Motel doesn't look quite right!

1 Thank DDNMSS