“Filthy”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The first room stunk of stale smoke (this is a non-smoking property). The second room had a double bed - we reserved a queen. The tub needed cleaning. The room had a rundown look in general. There was garbage overflowing the trash can in the walkways (for 3 days). I guess you should look at the price you pay for the room. Future trips - I would sleep in my car first. I have traveled ABV a lot (for me), and this is by far the WORST property ever visited.

Room Tip: Avoid this property.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John W

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Good price. Came in at $40 for 2 people, taxes in.
Linens were clean, bed comfortable. The pillows were very thin and even though the motel claimed 100% smoke free, the room had a lingering smoke smell.
The walls were smeared with dirt, snot, etc in many places which was disgusting.
Location is right off the highway which is convenient but very noisy.
No alarm clock. No elevator. Free wifi.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Scrumble
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Room smelled of heavy smoker. Bathtub was filthy. Shower curtain had mold on it. Bed sloped drastically to the center a.d pillows were thin as towels.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Danny D
Edwin J, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel. We would like you to know that we have changed brands and are now an Americas Best Value Inn and have renovated our entire property. Please come back and see all of the improvements we have made.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

First, I have stayed at this location before and don't remember any issues.
This time when I walked into the front desk there was an odor that I can't pinpoint. While nothing was dirty, it had the general look and feel of motels chains with lower standards than the '6.'
It was 8pm and a laundry cart was stored outside along with other items. The sink had something melted onto it, it wasn't something I could get off with a rag. The fridge was cleaner on the inside than on the outside. Overall just a lower standard of 'clean.'
IF I return, I will check the room/area first and likely will pay the extra $20 to stay at one of the other motels.
On the plus side, this motel is right between Denny's and the Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. We have changed brands and are now an Americas Best Value Inn. Along with that change, we have renovated our entire building as well as our guest rooms. We are very excited about our improvements and hope you will stay with us again to see them. Thank you

Reviewed July 15, 2010

We went here because one of the amenities was a pool- After we checked in the day we went down to the pool- but it was "closed" The person said in the office that it wouldn't be opened this year and was not open last year because it cost to much and the rooms are to "cheap" and the pool cost to much to run! When we went back to room we started noticing the room itself was filthy! Beyond filthy when I went down to talk to them about it they told me that I had to notify them within 5 minutes and because I didn't there was nothing that could be done!! REALLY?? Do not go here even if YOU were paid!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank yak229
Reviewed December 28, 2009

The carpet had so much dust around the edge it looked gray
The non smoking room smelled like an ashtray
The manager was not helpfull at all
All I wanted to do was leave

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank electric001
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Horrible cleaning. Hair in the bathroom. Carpets are filthy and cobwebs everywhere. If I had seen the night before what I had seen in the morning. We would have been out of there. Thank God I slept on top of the bed.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family