“Great Place...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Friend and I were in the mood for some Mexican food and stumbled across this place. Very colorful inside, reminds me of when I lived close to the border of Mexico so it was nice to see this far North.

The starter with chips and salsa is good, the salsa has a little heat and nice acidity to it.
The menu is comprehensive, plenty of choices. The food arrived hot and well presented, our plates were full as were our bellies.

Service was very friendly and attentive. We were never waiting for refills or offers for more chips and salsa.

We ended the meal with sopapilla, my favorite dessert when living in Texas. It was divine...hot, light, and tasty. Best I've had since my move from the South.

All in all, an enjoyable evening and will definitely be back. It's as authentic as one can get this far north of the southern border. By the way, pricing is very reasonable if you're wondering.

There are newer reviews for Nina's Taqueria

Reviewed January 26, 2012

tried take out will try again eatting in next time

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Great food, great atmosphere. The chicken fajitas were excellent. Chips and salsa are homemade and oh so delicious. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 8, 2011

The restaurant is a relatively typical Mexican restaurant and nicer than your typical taqueria. Free chips and salsa came before the meal and the chips were good and although the salsa was homemade it had a flavor to it I wasn't overly fond of (lemon juice maybe?). I had the mole enchiladas with pastor, the pork was very good, the mole was perhaps slightly below average (I'm a bit of a mole snob) although it was buried under a lot of cheese so even the strong mole was sort of overpowered. If I came back I'd probably get something where the tasty pork could shine through more. The beans the rice were the typical boring type you get at 95% of Mexican restaurants.

Service was fast and attentive enough despite what appeared to be some slight language issues when ordering (which I actually consider a good sign). The decor included those brightly painted wooden cutout tables and chairs which bother me in more Americanized restaurants but I kind of liked here. All in all a thoroughly decent meal for a decent price which is more than I can say for most of the Mexican food I've had in Michigan.

1  Thank ScubaBucky
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is my favorite local Mexican restaurant. I always get the Chicken Fajitas, Normally 12-16 dollars at most restaurants, only 8 dollars here! Amazing portion size as well. My Boyfriend got the "Super Burrito" for 8 dollars and it was HUGE. I mean HUGE. He didn't even finish a quarter of it. It compares in size to a football, and it's only 8 dollars? You get chips and salsa to start. Large menu full of choices. Delicious. Service has always been good. I love this place!