“Whoa! $8.00 for a tasting!”

Founders Wine Cellar
Ranked #5 of 9 things to do in Baroda
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Ummmm...I have been tasting for several years... If you are charging $8.00 for 5 tastings plus their 2dessert wines, the pour should be equal to an ounce not what they were pouring g!

1  Thank Patricia W
All reviews
"pretzels"
in 7 reviews
"ended up buying bottles"
"mid afternoon"
"katie"
"pallet"
"grapes"

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We enjoyed this winery. The owner was present and made the visit fun. The wines were good. They have a fee for 4/5 tastes and if you buy the wine, the fee is deducted. Nice smaller site.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I have been here 2 or 3 times for tastings. Love the wine, and the employees are always very helpful and knowledgeable. We always take home a bottle or 2!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We loved this winery not for its scenic view , but for the best service of any of the 8 wineries we visited. Wine was good but our apprentice wine maker did such an amazing job teaching us many things about wine. We have visited many wineries over the years in Michigan and still learning. I would say we lucked out coming on a Monday and having someone so knowledgeable give us such great attention.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am originally from the area and came back to visit family. Founders has been on our list of places to visit when we get back to Berrien County. We just never had the time between visiting our families.

I came in and had a glass of white wine and was very impressed. The wines were lovely and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed the visit. I brought 4 bottles of wine, shared one with my husband, one with my family, and only have 2 left. I will have to buy a case the next time we are there. I am quite impressed with Founders. They have created a great place to sample wine with knowledgeable staff who made the experience fun.