“Our favorite winery of our wine tour”
Review of Gravity Winery

Gravity Winery
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Baroda
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gravity, we specialize in Wine Flights! Get Four 1/4 full glasses of wine paired with cheese and crackers, all on a cool tray to take to your seat. Enjoy this Wine Flight with friends inside our expansive tasting room or on our beautiful deck over looking the lake and vineyards!
Niles, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Our favorite winery of our wine tour”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Gravity was our second stop on our 4 winery tour that my wife and I did. It ended up our favorite. We liked the way that the wine tasting was set up as a flight with your choice of 4 wines paired with cheese and chocolates.
The vineyard has a more modern theme which is unusual but nice. The scenery from out on the deck is amazing.

We purchased 2 bottles of the Ollie's White and 1 bottle of Dyno's White. We recommend both.

Visited October 2013

Denver, Indiana
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A different twist on wineries”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The Gravity offers a unique tasting experience. You choose 4 flavors of wine. These are served in a flight, paired with a piece of cheese or chocolate. The flight can be enjoyed on the patio, over looking a pond. The vines were heavy with grapes, adding to the ambiance of the winery. And you are greeted by Oliver the dog!

Visited September 2013
Oldsmar, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A unique twist on wine tasting!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Gravity does things a bit different than other wineries (and I have been to A LOT). They serve
"wine flights" paired with cheese (white wines) or chocolate (red wines). My husband got a flight of red wines, I got one of whites and we shared. The patio was a great place to relax and enjoy our wine/cheese/chocolate.

There are cheese plates available for purchase -- which we did with a bottle of wine we purchased.

The staff was friendly and knowledgeable -- we will be back!

Visited September 2013
Chicago
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“good tasting”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've done a good number of wine tasting in Southern Michigan, Southern Illinois and Napa. I wasn't extremely impressed with Gravity. The location is nice (pond on site, you drive by the grapes, etc), it has a nice setting (outdoor tables, indoor tables, indoor tasting counter) but I wasn't impressed with the set up or theme they were going for. You walk in and go up to the counter. They give you a choice of 4 wines per tasting that they pair with cheese or chocolate (a nice touch). But then they put an "x" on your wine list and send you on your way (outside or to an indoor table). I enjoy sitting/standing at the counter and talking with the people that work there. Finding out the history of the winery, history of the wine, and other information about the area/etc. This was very impersonal. I was also confused by the theme of the place. Some things seemed fancy but others were very cheap. They had plastic hawaiian leis decorated on the tables, and other cheap plastic things for color. The wine tray was hand painted and the cups for food were small cupcake cups. Overall I was not impressed. The wine was good, nothing special. There are other wineries in the area I would rather hit.

Visited August 2013
Toledo, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Favorite Tasting on the trip”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Gravity does a great job for many reasons. 1) The customer service is outstanding. They are friendly, willing to answer questions, and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your visit. 2) They pair the white wine with cheese and the red wine with chocolate. I lived in California for a while and learned how much food can change the taste of a wine. The pairings are very good and how could you not love the fact that you get chocolate with your wine. 3) They give you a decent sized pour. Which in the 'wine tasting' world is not too common. It was nice because you can really get a feel for the wine. 4) The catering tent that is there on weekends has really good and unique food. They had wood fired pizza but they had some unique options. We also had the appetizer plate that was tasty.
The bad.......the only negative things I have to say are that the fee is a little steep, but as mentioned above the wine is paired and you get a generous pour so really the fee is not too bad. Also the food is only available on weekends. We had a hard time finding a place for lunch during the week in this area but the staff here offered some suggestions for places back in town. Lastly.....you may spend a small fortune purchasing wine! But really that would be a good thing too :)

Visited July 2013