“Hidden gem”

142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I were driving on our way down from Houghton, Michigan when we passed by Pete's Petting Zoo and I insisted we make a stop - due to my love for animals and zoos. We were pleasantly surprised by the number of animals they had! All the enclosures for the animals looked big enough and we found some very exotic animals there such as llamas, emus and pygmy goats. We were also pleasantly surprised with the fact that the petting zoo is basically free. They accept donations in little boxes around the enclosure. What made it personal was this one nice woman who took care of the animals and talked to us about the llamas and you can tell she really cared for them. This petting zoo might not be the newest or most well kept, but you can tell the animals really are loved and cared for.

Visited August 2011