“if you are looking for updated... wrong place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baraga
Ojibwa Casino Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Baraga
Ashwaubenon WI
“if you are looking for updated... wrong place”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I really love writing those reviews that make a place "shine" but I just can't with this one. I am traveling for work and always try to find a place that might be fun and yet not too expensive. I did not check out area before I got into town... heard there was a casino and was here around 15 years ago. NOTHING has been updated since I am pretty sure. Room was inexpensive but you get what you pay for. I walked into hotel to smell so much smoke. I knew there was a casino attached so... figured I only needed to deal with it if I went down there. Room... well it was a room but I would think dorm room when I describe it. Very basic beds... slept horribly. You can hear the bed springs in the next room. No ironing board, no closet to hang anything. I asked for a business room! good thing I had shampoo because they don't even give you that. Shower curtain cloth and so long you are stepping on it in the shower..YUCK. No room service ( I can live without that)... the staff seems unkept in the casino... actually did not want to stay in there because I got that "creepy" feeing.. I could go on but I think if what I wrote does not say enough more details won't... I love the casinos in the UP ... but this one (hotel and casino) was less than suitable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Broberts19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here and went snowmobiling up the Keewenaw for the day. It is very convenient because the trail is right in the parking lot. It is an older hotel, probably from the 80s's, and nothing fancy. I am not a gambler and not a smoker so it wasn't great for me on that respect. It was really smokey....really, really smokey. I forgot how stinky it gets since they banned smoking in restaurants a couple years ago in Michigan. The rooms were clean and nothing was broken or smashed, but nothing was really nice.
We ate at the little restaurant in the lobby for breakfast both mornings and it was OK. Large portions and good and greasy breakfast food. It did open up late by 15 minutes both days for no apparent reason. The waitress was also not the happiest gal in Baraga.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Went on snowmobile trip stayed close by. Decided to visit the casino. Wow was I amazed. It's a Saturday night and they had 3 out of the 10 tables going. No ventilation and so smokey it's hard to see and breathe. It also has a real weird thing attached to it a bowling alley/bar just as smokey. The people that work were very nice and the bathrooms were clean. Save your money and time on this place though.

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Baraga hotels

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It is an Indian Casino and they do smoke a lot there, you have to go through a cloud of smoke to get to the check-in desk, and finally go to your non-smoking room. Ours was a bit musty and I wanted to open the window, but noticed that the screen had apparently been cut....kinda scary. All the rooms are on one level....bottom floor.
The restaurant food and service was quite good and very cheap. The portions are gigantic...seriously. We could have ordered one dinner, shared it, each been full and still have left overs.
The casino was very smoky, they gave us a slip to redeem for $5 free play each, the casino staff wasn't very friendly....but we did take their $10.00 and turn it in to $50 before we left.
I wouldn't go back there, this is truly ...you get what you paid for....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank japetek4
Baraga County
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This little restaurant has had many owners over the years, but this is about the newest ones. I went there on recommendation and yes, the decor is very old. It is clean, however and the staff friendly. I ordered a BLT and onion rings. The sandwich was very good, lots of bacon, had shredded lettuce. The onion rings were excellent and was quite a large serving. I hope this owner stays around for a while.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Happilyretired2012
Erie, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband, teenage sons, 2 elderly parents, and myself went to this hotel for a 4 day stay. Only stayed 1 night. The stale smoke smell permeated everything (horribly) even though the rooms were "no smoking", and the smell of disinfectant only made things worse. The beds "crunched" when you sat on them or rolled over due to plastic covers and were not comfortable. The air conditioner in one room (we had 2 rooms), clanked, banged and rumbled to the point of having to turn it off and on because the noise would drive us nuts. My son took a shower, walked around the room barefooted, and when he sat down on the crunchy bed; his feet were filthy from the carpet. The payouts in the casino were non-existent, even though the player "freebies" were decent. The pool water looked gray and reeked of chlorine and the pool room was stifling hot and humid. Not much else to do or places to go in Baraga. On the positive side: the staff was accommodating, and the Lucky 7 Restaurant had fabulous food.

Room Tip: Call and ask LOTS of questions - remember YOU are the customer and it is your money - you are entitl...