Pere Marquette River Lodge
Red Moose Lodge(Baldwin)(Great Value!)
$95
Alpine Motel(Branch)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Beachfront
Best Bear Lodge & Campground(Irons)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Free Internet
Hampton Inn Big Rapids(Big Rapids)(Great Value!)
$83
Hampton.com
$94
$92
Country Inn
$103
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsfly shopfly fishingsalmonpere marquettegreat fishing tripthe entire staffyou will not be disappointedfire pitnext yearfrankorvispmcaseyriverlodgewadersgear
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Did a weekend long trip at one of the cabins on the river. Amazing river to fish and so CLOSE!!! Lodge is cool and nice meeting place for folks staying at the lodge as well as guides coming on and off the river. Love talking to all the guides getting the tips and tricks of the day... Keeps me sharp ;). Devon and Casey at the fly shop were super helpful and even giving me fly tying tips. All in all the stay was awesome... even though Baldwin a major city there is still lot's of fun and trouble to get into at Edies, Gov' Lake, Barski's etc. Great stay and Great lodge. Thanks to Frank and all my new friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Can't say I've spent the night there, but I do have experience with the fly shop. I try to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. It's Orvis, so its overpriced. Service is bad. There are usually a few guides hanging about, bad mouthing their morning clients as idiots. Still, sometimes they have fly tying items that I just can't get elsewhere in Baldwin.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Jim S
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My sister, her husband and mine stayed in a lodge room. It was clean. The water pressure for the shower was great, although the temperature control was a bit iffy, not too bad. The air conditioner was a little loud, wish the fan part would just stay on for white noise at night. You could have a fire out back in a fire pit or just sit out on their brick paver patio while sipping a beverage of your choice. They also had a clean gas grill to cook out on if you please. We all agreed we would stay there again. If you want a 5 star hotel go find a casino in a city. This is a perfect place to stay for northern Michigan.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLP79
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed in Cabin #1 for a few days over spring break of this year. My husband and I were joined by his son, a friend, and our dog. The cabin has two double beds, a bathroom, wood burning stove, small couch, tv, table and a deck area outside with gill and picnic table. The kitchen has a small microwave, two burner cook top and coffee maker, no oven. For what we were looking for, a place to relax and for the kids to fish, it was fine.

The cabins sit just next to the main lodge and provide decent privacy. Cabin #1 sits on the M-37 side of the winding dirt road the cabins line, while a few cabins sat on the river front. Our cabin sat across this dirt road from a river house that is rented by them as well, but wasn't occupied while we were there. It was nice because we were able to walk behind the house and down a trail that snakes along the Pere Marquette River. A few fishing areas are a quick drive nearby. It sits in a good location; just a minute or two into the main town area.

These cabins don't look to be rentable during the winter as the only heat provided was the wood burning stove and a heated fan in the bathroom. As it was a very rainy couple of days, so we stayed under the extra blankets we brought and were comfortable. But, if you are coming in the spring, bring extra blankets...and pillows. Also, be aware that the lodge's' wi-fi or other ammenities aren't provided to the cabins. My only other suggestion would be a rug outside the front door as with all the rain, things got muddy fast.

The beds were fine, and what is to be expected in a housekeeping type of a cottage. In the kitchen they provide all the dishes, pots and pans, paper towels, cooking utensils, dishcloths, salt and pepper, pretty much anything you'd need aside from food. The log cabins were really kind of cute, and again, worked for what we were looking for. It was nice we could bring our dog with.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank GM_BaySide_BW
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Overall, our stay was OK, but I can guarantee you we won't stay there again. Baldwin doesn't have many options for lodging, so this was probably one of the better places to stay. We stayed in one of the cabins over the July 4th holiday. The cabins were fairly clean, but the couch was pretty nasty...no one wanted to sit on it, and the box springs on the beds didn't have a cover over them. They must have been thirty years old...stained and nasty. If you're planning to go fishing with buddies, this is probably the place for you. I wouldn't recommend it for families though. I had to do a backbend just to take a shower, because the nozzle was so low. There was a wedding reception going on in one of the rental houses behind us, and the music was BLARING well into the night. I know several people complained to the management, but they just chuckled and explained that they didn't have quiet hours. So, we sucked it up and tried to make the best of our stay, but it was not the most comfortable accomodations I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family