“Impressed thats all there is to say”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Franklin Inn

Franklin Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bad Axe
Franklin Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bad Axe
New Hudson, Michigan
“Impressed thats all there is to say”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I found this motel for my mother in law who is the ultimate critic when it comes to Hotels/Motels. She was a little hesitant because of the price but she was making a reservation for a week. When we arrived we could not believe our eyes. The room was in great condition. The beds were very comfortable it had great AC a Nice Fridge. Big Bath room big room over all and it smelled good. Now lets talk about the food they serve in their restaurant not only is it cheap but its FANTASTIC!!! they have a Lunch and Dinner Buffet thats awesome and if you like Excellent pizza they have that too. Then we went into their Lounge and had a couple drinks and watched the ball game on their 52 Inch Flat Screen. I enjoyed every minute when I was there and I will be returning. Oh and I almost Forgot If you Like Coffee you will Love their coffee which is Complimentary in the hall way by ice machine. The room was only $56 a night with the tax and I would have easily Paid $100 a night to stay there I will be reccomending The Franklin Inn to every body.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, Ontario
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I nearly didn't go in this place, because I thought it was closed. Around the first of April, four in the afternoon, a huge empty parking lot and no visible electric lights on! They should at least turn on their "Office" sign. It presumably gets livelier in the Summer months.

Anyway, I ventured in, and found a reasonably friendly desk clerk who checked me in for $52 for a night. The room was very clean, the furnishings not new, but comfortable and not yet shabby. It was quiet at night, probably because of so few guests there, at that time of year. There is no second floor, so there won't be an overhead noise problem.

The bathroom had the usual tub-shower, but the wash basin wasn't in that room, but just outside it, with counter and mirror. There was a small fridge. There were dozens of cable TV channels, including a couple of CNN and a weather channel. TV shows are mostly trash everywhere nowadays.

The best entertainment and activity in Bad Axe is probably on the road leading out of town, to the north, where there are a number of big stores and a gigantic Wal-Mart. The old center of town is for a quick drive-through and the locals. Nothing much happening there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Southeastern Michigan
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I called 3 weeks ahead of time to make reservations for a room qith queen size bed. The wife and I were celebrating our aniversary. When we checked in the whole hotel was empty of guests. We were assigned our room and before we started unloading I checked out the room. It was not a queen size bed but two regular size beds.
I went back to the desk and told them that they had given us a double instead of a queen size bed. I was told that both beds were queen size.
Every room was available in the hotel. Why were not given what we wanted?
I have always stayed at this hotel when Bad Axe but I think next time I will look around and try some where else.

On the positive side this hotel has always had one of the best buffets in the state. Very fine food. It is a little over priced but when Bad Axe you should definatly stop for the food.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goodtimetraveler57
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Did not stay in the hotel, but celebrated a birthday at their Sunday brunch buffet. Was quite impressed with the variety and amount of food offered on the buffet for this small town hotel. Service was excellent, and having made no reservation in advance they set up a large table in a private room and checked on us often. The salad bar was fresh, and the food was tasty and plentiful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MarquetteSandD
Madison Heights Mi
Reviewed October 29, 2009

No too many choices in this small boring town. Will never go back to this motel. Staff was ignorant, Restraunt was overpriced and not very tasty. The owner Pat, Kept making comments about my Date's Chest size! We couldn't believe it! We will take a tent next time and camp.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aroundthestate
Port Elgin Ot
Reviewed November 7, 2007

The room was clean and quiet, and those are my main priorities. The high speed internet system was down until the next morning, the person on the desk did try to get it going, but really didn't know much about it.

The buffet wasn't that good, however. Mostly deep fried meats and overcooked vegetables. The salad bar was iceberg lettuce only, with several toppings and bottle dressings available. After a quick look, I ordered off the menu, and that was better, quite acceptable as a matter of fact. Overall, though, I'd scout around for other restaurants.

• Liked — The room was fine.
  • Disliked — Lack of internet until the following morning.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oswego, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2007

The staff was Excellent! They went out of their way to make certain that our trip was exceptional! Fantastic Buffet! Banquet room is beautiful! Would definately recommend it!

• Liked — The Staff!
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jdryden
#5 of 5 in Port Austin
Bad Axe Motel
Bad Axe Motel
#2 of 2 in Bad Axe

Been to Franklin Inn? Share your experiences!