“Average but gray for this small town.”

Holiday Inn Express Bad Axe
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bad Axe
“Average but gray for this small town.”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Not much to say everything basically average except for Breakfast was bad and found a very old slice of pepperoni stuck on curtain in room and food crumbs under furniture and beds. Staff cleaned up while we were swimming and no problems after that.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank NorthCountryMich
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bad Axe, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear NorthCountryMich,

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. Your comments are important to us as this lets us know where we can improve. Im sorry you did not enjoy breakfast. Your comments will be shared with that department.

Katie J
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The hotel is average but you do not have many other options in Bad Axe. The rooms are dark. The desk, furniture and room looks and feels old. The fitness room has old equipment. The front desk made me feel like I was interrupting them when I checked in. I am a platinum member(and have been for years) and stayed there 2 seperate stays in December. I made the reservation through the Holiday Inn website and both times they did not have me as a platinum member when I checked in. This is the only hotel that this has ever happened to me. I corrected them the first time and the person at the front desk was rude about it as if it was my fault. I did not even bother the second time. However, the hostess for breakfest was really nice,

There was a flat screen tv in my room and from what I understand they have flat screen tvs in all the rooms now. The best part about this hotel is the cable package. They have Directv and all the HBO channels. By far and away the best channel selction of any hotel I have stayed at. With rennovations this could be a really nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sconnie_Traveler50
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Nice comfy rooms. Clean. Nice indoor pool although we didn't use it. Good breakfast!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Banjopickin
Colorado
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I travel a lot for business and usually stay at Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed at this hotel three times now. This property may be the best in Bad Axe, but it's not up the standards of HI Express nationwide. The biggest flaws currently are the hard mattresses and the outdated TV's and computer at the "business center" desk. That said, my rooms have been clean (ok, some mold on top of shower surround) and I've never had poor service. During one stay they were evaluating different TV providers so we had almost no channels all week. They paid for any guest to go see a movie in town as compensation. They seem to have settled on a nice DISH Network package now. The king suite rooms are set up very well and include dishes, silverware, real wine glasses and a door for the bedroom. Every room has a dvd player with selections at the front desk. If they get new mattresses, flat screen TVs and softer kleenex the hotel will be up to HI standards.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BBBON
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2011

First off I booked a reservation at this hotel for a wedding and then got a call 2 days later tell me that they accidentally gave away my room and they were full so I would have to find somewhere else to stay. After a few days of complaining to them because I was a bridesmaid in a wedding up there they called me back with a room. Then they over charged my credit card, when I went to the front desk the front desk manager Gary was extremely rude to me. He told me that I obviously didn't know the difference between a credit and debit card even after I pulled it out and showed him the word DEBIT was not on my CREDIT card he actually said whatever, I don't know what you want me to do! He also very clearly insinuated that I was stupid and I had no idea what I was talking about after I had just spoke to my bank and was relaying him the information he told me. I walked away because I was upset and he chased me to the elevator when he saw me in the hall and actually stopped the elevator so I could not go up. I asked him to back off and he said whatever and waved his hand at me. My boyfriend then returned to the desk and asked him to remove all charges from my card and put it on his credit card and he refused and told me if I wanted it to put it on my boyfriends card that I had to have my bank prove that he had put a hold on my money. I also found out from 3 other guests that they had rude experiences with him. The room are pretty shabby as the wall paper is fall off them and pick glue is showing through most areas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Kelly S
Rochester Hills, MI
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Really enjoyed the hotel - the cleanliness - the staff was helpful. Very accomadating. Would go back there again. Pool was great open until midnight as well as the hot tub in the pool area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank debi-friends
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Everything was fine room, price, breakfast. Pool was better than most. Desk helpful and food prep ; what a sweetheart lady! Recommend during caseville magarittaville. Much better than there! Second year at this accommodation.

• Stayed August 2011
#2 of 2 in Bad Axe
No photo provided
Executive Inn
#1 of 1 in Cass City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bad Axe? Share your experiences!