“Excellent Staff!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bad Axe
Appleton
“Excellent Staff!”
Reviewed December 9, 2007

Business stay and needed help from the staff, and they were excellent. Room was very nice, breakfast good.
Can not say enough about the staff!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank JimVH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
rickkus
Reviewed September 18, 2007

I visited the Holiday Inn Express in Bad Axe for a business trip. Overall I found my stay to be a pleasant one. The staff was friendly at check in and answering simple questions about the general area. Google Maps incorrectly maps this location and the staff knew where I was right away and made sure I was heading in the correct way before she hung up.
The hotel was very clean. The workout room was somewhat small, as was the pool -- but both clean and functional.

The free breakfast buffet was similar to other Holiday Inn Expresses. The one thing that bothers me slightly is the fact that none of the milk or juice is chilled once it is taken out of the backroom. I dislike my milk near room temperature.

If I find myself in Bad Axe, I would return.

• Liked — Clean building.
  • Disliked — It is in Bad Axe, what exactly do you do here?
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank rickkus
ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2007

The staff was very accomodating, taking care of their customers. Everything was clean and very pleasant.

• Liked — The staff was very accomodating
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ohiodadoo
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed June 15, 2007

Went to Bad Axe and Port Austin for a weekend wedding. Unfortunately Yahoo Maps doesn't provide good directions so missed the turn before the Walmart. Upon check-in, we found the the surroundings and lobby area to be neat and clean and service was friendly. And parking was adequate. Our room had a bad odor and it never went away. It was a cross between smoke and bad cleaning products with a hint of chlorine but it was non-smoking room! The room walls are thin so you hear a lot of doors slamming shut at different hours. All in all, I believe that most times you get what you pay for and this falls into that category ... as it is pretty inexpensive. Good location and a lot of rooms to accommodate big groups like weddings. The only place in the thumb area owned by a chain so you can accumulate hotel points!

• Liked — free wi-fi internet access!
  • Stayed June 2007
3 Thank kewlboilerbum
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2005

This is your standard Holiday Inn Express, but what makes it nice is that it is very clean and relatively new. The continental breakfast area, pool, and lobby are all above average. There are not too many choices in the Thumb Area, so if you're coming for a visit I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
shelby township Michigan
Reviewed May 13, 2005

My wife & I stayed there overnight Friday, May13,2005, were in town for my mothers funeral. We travel quite a bit and I am particular and quick to find fault where necessary. I was impressed immediately by the lobby,very stately, clean and well kept with fireplace the center of the seating area. Although we had no time to use the pool/whirlpool I did walk through the area and everything was beautiful. The dining area where the free continental breakfast is served was HUGE compared to others I've seen. Breakfast offerings were many and delicious. 4 kinds of cereals, hard boiled eggs, warm cinnamon buns, 4 kinds of juices,etc. etc. Our room was immaculate as well as comfortable. Nice bathroom appointments,thick towels, oversized showerhead and bath stall. Had a good nights rest, would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank bobtravis42
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2005

We stayed at this Express for a funeral, 8 rooms for our family. It is the best Express I've visited--clean, bright rooms. The towels were great, too. The desk clerk was very helpful with directions and maps. Decent breakfast in a nice, large breakfast room. My only complaint was that the paintings in our room were all crooked (and can't be straightened because they are screwed to the wall.) I would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2005
#1 of 1 in Harbor Beach
Bad Axe Motel
Bad Axe Motel
#2 of 2 in Bad Axe

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bad Axe? Share your experiences!