“Beyond our expectations!”
Review of Crook Jaw Inn

Crook Jaw Inn
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We just spent a whole week at the Crook Jaw Inn, and it was better than we even had expected, given that we had read all the rave reviews before we booked. Brian is thoughtful and knowledgeable, and never failed to give us great advice about what to see or where to go. His breakfasts were amazing--things like french toast stuffed with apples, and lemony ricotta pancakes. The Inn itself is immaculate, spacious, and very comfortable. It is filled with interesting antiques and art pieces. The location is the best on the Cape, with wonderful places to eat, beaches, etc within walking distance. I would return back to the Crook Jaw in a heartbeat! My only worry is that in my future world travels, the B & B "bar" is now set very high. Brian, you are a gem! Thank you again for making our week so very special. Ann and Joel...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ann_and_Joel
There are newer reviews for Crook Jaw Inn

Reviewed August 1, 2007

We were looking for B&Bs in the area and decided on this on based on the reviews on this website. Needless to say, the inn lived up to the reviews and well beyond. The Inn is located in a historically preserved area and while it may not be as flashy or big as others in the same stretch, we enjoyed the quaint cottagey feel. Brian was great as a host from the very beginning and my husband got a special treat everyday from him in the form of extra muffins, which we loved. We stayed in the fireside room which was positively romantic. The bed was more comfortable than ours. This is the place to stay for the Cape Cod experience.

2  Thank Quyen_7
Reviewed July 28, 2007

The Crook' Jaw Inn and Brian get an A+. The setting in and around the Inn was exceptional. Brian catered to our every need: making dinner reservations upon our arrival at the beautiful Old Yarmouth House, ensuring a comfortable night's slept and providing us with a scrumptious breakfast. We highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone wanting a romantic weekend getaway.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank omalley062
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Our stay was relaxing and enjoyable. The Crook Jaw in is well-kept, near fun activities, and the food is wonderful. Brian was helpful on places to go and see. The building is historic, not like your regular hotel room. We would definitely recommend this B and B if you plan on exploring Cape Cod!-Brian and Natalie Kelly

2  Thank canam02
Reviewed July 18, 2007

My husband and I spent 3 nights at The Crook Jaw Inn for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time. The Inn is, of course, a beautiful, fascinating old house with its own neat history. Just ask Brian. Brian gave us great info about the area, great recommendations, and helpful tips on where to park the car. He is an amazing breakfast chef! I simply don't have anything to say other than how wonderful our experience was.

2  Thank Photographer67
Reviewed June 30, 2007

My husband and I just returned from an amazing vacation on Cape Cod. It was our first visit to the Cape and after reading reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to stay at the Crook Jaw Inn for our 5 nights on Cape Cod. The Innkeeper Brian and the bed and breakfast met and exceeded all our expectations.

By the time we left my husband and I felt like Brian (innkeeper) was an old friend. Since we were not familiar with the area Brian helped us each day with planning our activities as well as directions. We truly enjoyed each restaurant and activity that he recommended.

We stayed in the Yarmouth Room. We loved the room and the oversized bathroom with jacuzzi. The bed was really comfortable and we felt right at home from day one. Brian really went above and beyond with breakfast each morning, providing drinks and water, providing beach towels, beach chairs, and a cooler for our beach trip, etc.

I could go on and on about how great the Crook Jaw Inn is. We flew in from MA yesterday and are already talking about wanting to get back to Cape Cod and the Crook Jaw Inn for another vacation.

Thanks for everything Brian!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cbmckay
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I vacationed for a week-end at the Crook Jaw Inn with my husband. It was one of the best bed and breakfast experiences we have ever had. It is located on historic Rt. 6a which is a nice location for staying mid-cape

The Room

We stayed in the Sea Breeze room (see posted photos) which was much larger then we expected from the photo on the website. It had a queen
bed and a gas (I think) fireplace. It had a lot of nice nautical décor touches. It seemed to be decorated gradually. Almost like you were staying in a guest room of a friend’s house.

The Breakfast

The breakfast was delicious .When you arrive each morning to the lovely breakfast room there is coffee ready as well as hot water for tea or hot chocolate. Each morning Brian served a gourmet breakfast which included over our three days: almond banana French toast, blueberry baked French toast, and my personal favorite lemon zest pancakes with raspberry syrup. He also served fresh fruit and each day a different breakfast meat. Perhaps by favorite part was the fresh baked muffins. Each day was a different variety and they were so good. Just writing about them makes me want to go back to have another.

The Hospitality

Brian is a very gracious host. I have stayed at quite a few bed and breakfasts. Many of which the people were very happy to help you if you asked. This was my first experience where the host actually came over after breakfast and asked what our plans were for the day and offered suggestions. Brian was very accommodating. He allowed us to check in late. He also called us by our first names and made us feel at home

Another nice touch is that there is a refrigerator that is stocked with sodas and waters and is complimentary to guests.

I am giving this a five out of five because that was my experience here. There are a few things that may bother other people that did not bother me. It is a historic home so the ceilings are a little low. My husband banged his head coming out of the bathroom (all just part of the charm) Also, the bathroom’s door which is located in the sea breeze room did not close all the way (perhaps it would if we forced it, but we didn’t try)

Overall we had a great time and hope to return again. Also I must say that the price is quite a value considering the gourmet breakfast, nice sized room, complimentary soft drinks, and travel advice.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast
The Village Inn Cape Cod
The Village Inn Cape Cod
#2 of 8 in Yarmouth Port

Been to Crook Jaw Inn? Share your experiences!