“Perfect in so many ways!”
Review of Optimist Cafe

Optimist Cafe
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Yarmouth Port
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Perfect in so many ways!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Our first visit to the Optimist Cafe. Beautiful building on Rt. 6A, the Old Kings Highway in Yarmouth Port. Very open and airy inside. Artwork from local artists adorn the walls. Breakfast is served all day long along with a great lunch menu.
My husband ordered the Cape Cod omelet....lobster, red onion, tomato, gruyere cheese
and topped with lobster cream sauce. It came with well seasoned home fries and toast. He raved about it while he was eating it...and for the rest of the day. Very filling, more lobster than expected.
I ordered a lunch special, lobster quesadilla. It was accompanied by a lobster cream sauce, sour cream, salsa and shredded lettuce, all served on the side. Very yummy also, although I think when I return I will probably try that omelet!
Our waitress was attentive and friendly. A great afternoon and a place we will definitely return to!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nanct

Burlington, Vermont
“Beautiful interior, great character”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I went alone to do some work with the free wifi and have some scrumptious breakfast and Optimist Cafe delivered. The service was excellent, something you can always tell by if you dine alone and the food was large portioned and fresh. I ordered the Cape Cod Delight which wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but with all their menu options it was hard to decide anyways. The decor struck me as both beautiful and kind of modern in a refreshing balance of old and new. They were even kind enough to let people walk around and view the various artwork. They also offer a free meal in your birthday month and I can't wait to come back and take advantage of it. Definitely worth going for a good meal.

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Enjoyed our lunch”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was our first visit to Yarmouth Port and we were happy we found The Optimist Café. The menu has a great variety. We had a yummy carrot-ginger soup along with quesadillas and fish tacos. It is a relaxing atmosphere and the owners were right there along with their staff. They told us they have owned the restaurant for about one year and are continuing to fine tune the menu and all that goes along with running a business. They serve breakfast and lunch along with an afternoon tea. We definitely would go there again.

1 Thank shebamom
Boston, Massachusetts
“Charming Atmosphere good Food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Have gone here for several years, new owners now. Still super service in cozy setting, food is good, although menu has changed a bit. Breakfast is still one of best around. Will return to try new lunch offerings. Hope the tea service is still the same.

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Awesome Food!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The food and service there is awesome! We go all of the time. Someone in our group needed something gluten free and the owner made it herself. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.