“Warm and Wonderful”
Review of The Kings Inne

and 1 more site!
The Kings Inne
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was so fortunate to pick this wonderful inn instead of the usual hotel stay for my short business trip to the cape. I was greeted very warmly even before I reached the door by Carina. She showed me my suite (gorgeous and very comfortable). She then gave me recommendations for dinner and included detailed information on menu items to be sure to consider. That's much better than a hotel service!
Breakfast was fantastic, with coffee at the ready early and everything available to make tea, should I have preferred that. After breakfast Carina and Paul made sue I understood exactly how to drive to my appointment in Hyannis. I found it easily and was right on time with no stress or worries. Again, no hotel does that! When I arrived back at the inn that day Carina took time out of her day to show me the neighborhood and nearby beaches and other points of interest.
The second morning I had to leave the inn very early for a flight out of Boston and, even though I insisted I only needed coffee for the drive, Paul was up before me and made me a delicious parfait, brakfast breads ands coffee. What great service. I'll be back and next time I'll bring my wife for a longer stay.
Thanks for making me feel at home and treating me like a king. Kings Inne is a great place to stay on Cape Cod.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
carinalewis, Owner at The Kings Inne, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thanks for your review- we really appreciate your kind words. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful neighborhood, so close to the bay, good restaurants etc and within just 10 minutes drive of Hyannis and the ferries etc. We look forward to your return with your wife so you can experience even more of the beauty of the Cape. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Kings Inne for our 3rd anniversary. We have been to the Cape a number of times and wanted to stay somewhere that was centrally located. It is located in a beautiful neighborhood near the ocean and some very good restaurants. Paul and Carina were great and gracious hosts. We stayed in the Balmoral suite. It is newly updated and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was so soft. We enjoyed some amazing breakfasts in the morning as well as Carina and Paul making me my own pot of tea with a tea cozy! The whole home is beautiful and very well maintained. They also have a keurig, electric kettle for tea, water, and soda for their guests to enjoy. They recently purchased the property next door which they are turning into a summer rental. I can't wait to see how beautiful it will be. We will definitely be staying here again when we return to the Cape.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our inn, its appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed your anniversary in our Balmoral suite- as with our other 2 suites we do all we can to make our guests' stay as comfortable. Our sheets are 600 count and have been a great hit with several of our guests asking us to order sets for them. We look forward to welcoming you both back perhaps for another anniversary or hopefully sooner- I will get the kettle on for your tea!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I visited for four days in September and were looked after like royalty. The rooms were neat and clean, the breakfasts, cooked by Paul, were excellent and there were all sorts of little extras that made our stay special. For example, Carina had bought a gift for our anniversary (in cahoots with our daughters back in England) and arranged flowers for us. Using the hotel as a base for Cape Cod we followed our hosts' advice on what to visit and they were very well informed about the area.
Paul and Carina, originally from the UK but now legally Americans, are expanding into the newly-converted house next door which will be available for family self-catering by the week.
We would be back there with them as soon as our plans allow.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
carinalewis, Owner at The Kings Inne, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thanks so very much for your review! It was a real pleasure to meet you both and have an opportunity to make your anniversary celebrations special. I like to place fresh flowers in our suites and around the inn, and we are always happy to arrange gifts for a special occasion - I enjoyed working with your daughter to make things special for your arrival. We are excited about the place across the lane - work is progressing well and we plan to rent it by the week next season. We hope you and the family can all come and enjoy the Cape soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I visited the Kings Inne at the end of August on the recommendation of our daughter and her husband who raved about it having been the previous year. We were not disappointed. As mentioned in all previous reviews Carina and Paul were the perfect hosts who could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable in every way. Our suite was very clean, comfortable and well maintained with a home from home feel about it.
The now famous breakfasts from Paul were an absolute delight and prepared to a high standard. It would be hard to find such quality in a top class restaurant. The Inne is situated in a beautiful location and within easy walking distance to two very good restaurants and a coffee shop. It is also handy for the main highways which allows for easy access to the popular locations of Cape Cod.
If anyone is thinking about a visit to Cape Cod I would strongly recommend a stay with Carina and Paul. I guarantee a truly wonderful experience.

Roslyn and Jim

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim M

Thanks so much for your review! We really enjoyed meeting you both and are delighted your expectations were met after your daughter's stay last year. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful location, being within walking distance of great restaurants, the bay and all that our village can offer but being centrally located too. Paul tries hard to make his breakfasts not only tasty and varied but beautifully presented so its great that you enjoyed them for the week you stayed. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The King' Inn is absolutely the best place to stay on the Cape. it is centrally located; we went to Chatham, Barnstable, a town that is the home of Cape Cod Creamery (I have forgotten the name), and Plymouth. If we had had more time we could have easily visited Provincetown.

The inn itself is wonderful and the innkeepers are beyond compare. From, the moment we arrived, Carina and Paul treated us as if we were old and very special friends coming to stay. We were greeted with a glass of wine and a sit down chat about the area and the house before being shown to our beautifully appointed, comfortable, homey suites.

There are three suites each spacious and unique. We traveled with another couple, therefore we had two of the suites. Another couple arrived just as We were going to our rooms. We could hear them being treated in this same warm, friendly manner which we had received on arrival.

Breakfast was very special, Paul is a wonder in the kitchen. The three course breakfasts was more than enough to keep on going for the morning and into the afternoon. They also accommodated for our food allergies with ease.

Carina gave some great suggestions for places to go and places to eat. She made reservations for us and even gently tolerated the four of us not being able to decided on places to eat (I really appreciated her patience).

The grounds of the Inn are beautiful as was the area around the inn; we took some lovely walks and had time to relax.

Everything that Carina and Paul have done to make their home a nice respite for others and everything they did for us while we were there, made our getaway very special.

We will definitely be going back next year, if not earlier!

Barbara and Richard

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BVWR

Thank you so much for your lovely review- its very much appreciated! We are so happy you had an opportunity to celebrate your anniversaries here and enjoy our beautiful area. Thank you also for Paul's birthday card and ice cream from Cape Cod creamery (our favorite ice cream) which he devoured! We hope to see you all soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great place to spend a few days visiting Cape Cod. The hosts were very welcoming and gave us great tips and information on the surrounding areas. Breakfasts were all fresh produce and baking and were a real treat in the morning. Our bedroom was very sunny, bright, cheerful and kitted out to a beautiful high standard as was the whole property. To sum up give it a go, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! The Cape has so much to offer and being centrally located you can make the most of your time. We do our best to ensure our suites are comfortable and make our guests feel like they are at home. We hope to see you again next time your plans send you to New England.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We chose Cape Cod for a getaway, and we were not disappointed.

First of all, Yarmouth is in a great location in that it is close to the two main east-west highways on Cape Cod. Second, it is in a very central location so whether you're traveling to Provincetown or Falmouth, the drive to and from the Inne is moderate.

The "Inne" itself was a fantastic choice for us. There were quite a few glowing TA reviews, so we were confident that we would have a good stay, but were blown away with the accommodations, Carina & Paul, and the phenomenal breakfasts. We stayed in the Balmoral suite and had more than enough room. Loved the king bed and the sitting room.

We will not hesitate to book at The King's Inne for our next trip to the Cape.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomcatxiv

Thanks very much for taking time to review your stay with us- we are delighted you chose us for your first trip to the Cape and your birthday celebrations. Hoping you can make it back again soon for some R and R!