“Good meal, but disorganized”
Review of Oliver's Tavern

Oliver's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Good meal, but disorganized”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Busy place when we showed up, but managed to score two seats a the bar for dinner without a wait. There were three bartenders, which you would think would get you faster service and be somewhat organized, but none of them were on the same page, so there were extended waits to give food order, get drinks, etc... We were not in a hurry, so this was no big deal. The food was very good - I would return.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrew889

Yarmouth Port, MA
“Excellent Meal All Around”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I live locally and we brought my in-laws who were visiting from NY. Being a holiday weekend, it was very busy and they were only able to take reservations for parties of 7 or more. However, when I called, the young lady told me that if I called about 30 minutes before hand, they would probably be able to seat us and she was correct. We only waited about five minutes for a great table. Our meal was excellent from start to finish. We shared the bruschetta and it was delicious! We all had the clam chowder that came with the meals and it was excellent with plenty of clams. I had the stuffed sole which was delicious and I chose a side of butternut squash, which was a nice change from the usual potatoes or rice. Both were excellent! My in-laws got the sea bass and the sword fish and they both finished their meals. They're elderly and can't usually finish their meals but this was so good they just had to! My husband had the seafood mac and cheese which was a huge bowlful and was very rich and tasty. After all this tasty food, we were too full for dessert! Our waitress, Karen, was wonderful. She was quick and attentive but did not rush us. She is truly a gem at this restaurant! When you bring someone visiting to a restaurant, you hope they enjoy it and my mother-in-law said she "loved" Olivers! We will definitely go back again!

• Visited August 2013
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Nice patio atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We had just hung out at the beach all day and wanted an outdoor venue. Lovely patio seating under the trees. Food was very good. I had a huge salad and a nice wine. Sweet potato fries were tasty too! There were 5 of us and we all enjoyed our food. Would do it again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Diane H
New York City, New York
“Good food, good prices, lousy service”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Well priced menu items, slow and inattentive service, OK basic foods, nothing special, just good basic food dishes.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank JustGoinPlaces
Albany, New York
“Very Good”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

When we arrived the dinning room was full so we ate at the bar. It was a great experience too. Our server, Charlie, was very attentive to our needs and provided great service. The food for a tavern was very good. I had the blackened swordfish which was the evenings special. It was prepared as well as anywhere else not to mention the taste was to perfection.

• Visited July 2013