“OK but not amazing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been to Olivers over and over again, hoping to get that excellent meal. This place is very close to my house, so I give it another try a " few" times a year hoping that things changes. My soup has been cold, my husbands nachos over cook AND served cold. Our neighbor ordered the egg roll app, it was not good, we all took a bite. I have ordered the fish special a few times, which was OK. The sandwiches are good so I guess I should stick to those. I have been going there since 1986, and I would say that the last 3 years this place has lost a lot of its quality food, while improving the overall interior atmosphere.

2  Thank e s

Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was easter night and we were driving on Cape Cod looking for an open restaurant w/o much luck when we found Olivers on rt 6. The restaurant was very pretty and well seperated from the bar so not much noise came across. The seating was good and the waitress was very pleasant. Two of us ordred the blackened cod which was excellent. The salads were crisp and the dressing very good. I stay away from starches and had no trouble trading off the rice for a second veggie. My wife had steak tips and made sure I tried one and we both agreed it was delicious. The final member of our party had a steak and was delighted. One of our group ordered a draft beer and wasn't happy with it and it was exchanged w/o a problem which was very nice. We all agreed that we had a very good meal at this local restaurant.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The food we ordered tasted like it was previously frozen. The fish was not good and the beef was a bit tough. I know this is a popular place, but I just don;t see it.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Average food, many locals there, ignored by the wait staff who spent time with their regulars. Price was average and food unremarkable.

1  Thank Pauli P
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is a spot we go to when we can't think of anywhere else to eat. We have always eaten in the tavern. The service has been consistently friendly and good. The food is okay -- not spectacular but good. They serve good drinks. They have a mean mud pie, too.