“rubber meatballs”

Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Yarmouth Port
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2011

First visit to this location and probably the last. I ordered a meatball sandwich that came on a white pasty roll, filled with rubbery ,ping pong sized balls of something that had no resemblance to meat. Obviously not homemade.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

I heard that the Black Sheep had the best burgers in the area so that was what I ordered when I went there last Tuesday evening... the Bah Burger (get it??). Amazing!!! Not only was the beef fantastic but just listen to what it had on it... 3 kinds of cheese, sauteed mushrooms, onion, peppers, garlic, lettuce, tomato, horseradish sauce and the delectable juices from the meat that seeped into the huge artisan bun that held the whole thing together. I cannot believe I ae the whole thing. I was shown a menu of specialty burgers that are featured on Sundays. WOW! They include a stroganoff burger, a reuben burger and a steak and potato burger among others. I can't wait to try a few of those tantalizing treats some Sunday afternoon. I am thinking about the Fall and a Patriots game and a cold beer. Maybe I'll branch away from burgers but I think it might be 2012 by then given the extensive burger menu.

This unassuming treasure is worth the search. It's in a small, plaza that dips off the north side of Route 6A in Yarmouthport. Very family friendly or you can sit at the bah with the grown ups.

Strongly recommend!

1  Thank SMD51
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We had a very nice meal here - excellent steak. A nice place - not plush, but welcoming and relaxing. Recommended.

1  Thank A319
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We went to the Black Sheep for dinner the other night. It was a little hard to see off the road....Once we were in we were quite pleased. We had an excellent waitress named Erica. She was pleasant, friendly and attentive. We had fish and chips which were a well portioned....The burger we ordered was delicious and dripping with fixings.....The fish sandwich was huge...The fries were crispy....My beer was cold.....The salad was cold and fresh. We had a crabcake appetizer that had a tasty unusual sauce.....It was almost all crab....Overall we had an excellent dining experience in a friendly and casual atmosphere....And for value....excellent prices....not your typical inflated $$$$$ tourist menu.

3  Thank capecodtravel
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My favorite dish is the Shepard's Pie, but the lobster rolls sure are wicked good too. The roll is filled with huge chunks of lobster meat. I haven't had a bad meal yet. We dine there quite often for the homemade soups and good old fashion meals cooked just like your mom use to make. The food is excellent and you can't beat the price for the portion. You certainly won't leave there hungry.

1  Thank tkjreviews