“Fantastic !!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Went with my husband for his 50th birthday. From the minute we were greeted we knew we had chosen the right place to celebrate. The view is outstanding as well as the food and service. My husband had a large baked stuffed lobster which was stuffed with lobster meat and breadcrumbs and I had the halibut. Both dinners were served with hot popovers which we both love. Overall just a great night and can't wait to return !

Reviewed June 14, 2009

Probably ate at Athony's Pier in Boston 40 times, never had a bad meal. Got used to the quality level of food, service and ambience in Boston. Retired to the Cape and went to Anthonys Cummaquid. Service was slow, drinks watered down, fish was well undercooked, roast beef fatty. Obviously the Boston crew/management doesn't know what is going on down here. They must only catch the tourists, once, who haven't been there and may have heard about Anthony's in general. The locals never go there more than once. I drive by there quite often, parking lot never very occupied. Better off going to the Lyric, across the street. Bon appite

1  Thank Turtlestu
Reviewed May 23, 2009

My husband and I are very picky, but we were impressed by the Cummaquid Inn. This restaurant is in a charming old mansion tucked way back on its lot, overlooking beautiful Cape Cod scenery.
The meals are expensive, but you everyone also gets loads of food. Every meal comes with marinated mushrooms, sourdough bread, Caesar salad, and popovers. We loved their lobster bisque. I had their baked stuffed lobster for dinner, and I highly recommend it. My husband, a real foodie, was very impressed by their hearty bouillabaisse.
Our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. It didn't seem like there were many customers there, which is a shame. I know that we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed May 22, 2009

I had my prom here and it was absoluttely horrible. The dance floor was wayy too small. The "prime rib" was all fat no meat.The almost scenic view was obscured by a disgusting old pool out back half filled with green rain water. It was way too crowded. Also there is no handicapped bathroom. This was a huge issue because I was wearing a full length ball gown and could not fit in the stall! The waiters were horrible. I must have asked for a glass of water twenty times and i did not get a single one!

1  Thank purtyinrainbows