“Rehearsal dinner for BIGG wedding”
Review of Old Yarmouth Inn

Old Yarmouth Inn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Yarmouth Inn offers classic cuisine for the next generation; the best in fresh local fish, shellfish, steaks and pasta. Whether you are looking for a casual meal in our cozy wood paneled tavern or a view of our gardens from the dining room, once you have experiencedThe Old Yarmouth Inn's delightful menu, warm, friendly staff and awesome wine selection you will know why we have become one of the most popular dining destinations on the Cape
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My sister reserved this restuarant site unseen but on a recommandation from myself and the groom who ate there last year. We were not disappointed at all. The meal selection from the appetizer , entree, thru desert was fantastic. I can see why they are tops on the list for rehearsal dinners on Cape Cod. The menu selection were taken at one time and came out of the kitchen hot and with no delay (we were just over 30 people). The wait staff kept our drinks full and we could ask for nothing more. Dishes were cleared promptly for the next course and served with a smile and correctly. All dietary concerns were handled profesionally and quickly.
The three hour reservation flew by quickly, but we wanted for nothing, had a great time with really good selection of food, and have some wonderful pictures to go along with the memories created that eveing at the Old Yarmouth. Thank you one and all for such great service, wonderfull setting for a special occasion, and spectacular selection of terrific food.
Thanks again,
Rosana Powell

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for not only posting such a great review but for also recommending the Old Yarmouth Inn to your sister and her fiance. Important events such as a rehearsal dinner given special attention to detail because we are hoping to create a lasting memory for everyone involved. I am certain that this was the case with you, your families and the Bride and Groom.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My sister and I enjoyed the Sunday Brunch offered from 10am - 1pm. You can make selections from the hot and cold buffet, with a made to order omelet station or have made to order eggs benedict or waffle. The seafood crepes on the buffet were absolutely delicious as well as the eggs benedict. I had a slice of the house made Lemon Meringue Pie and the carrot cake for dessert. Wonderful! The service was impeccable......if I lived there I would be there every Sunday for the brunch. They take reservations and I thought the price was reasonable. Great quality and variety. Loved it.......

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Sunday Brunch Buffet. Although we change the selections on a weekly basis, the steak tips and the seafood crepes are always included and I think their might be a revolt if they were not! We have guests that DO come in on a weekly basis so if you ever move to the Cape...we will be here!
Thanks so much, Sheila

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Had a late night meal with the family. The duck was very good, my wife and son had the steak tips. All the meals were very good. Service was good however our waiter appeared to be spread very thin. He had tables in the main room and also both ends of the tavern which is not very efficient and did not allow him to keep an eye on everyone. The owners are very hands on and help make the experience a positive one. The menu has a good variety and chowder is one of the best at the cape. We have been here many many times and look forward to returning soon.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for your review, and I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your dinner and I apologize if you felt that service was not as good as it should have been - I cannot comment on the circumstance, but can assure you that we take comments like this to heart and will do our best to make certain that it is 5-star on your next visit.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Our daughter and son-in-law were on the Cape for a sort visit recently on their way to a friend’s wedding and we took them to dinner at the Old Yarmouth Inn. It also happened to be their second anniversary so it made the evening very special. We do not go out often, but given we had not seen our daughter in about a year we wanted to splurge a bit on them, as well as treat ourselves.
We were greeted right away by the hostess, who was ready to seat us, but we chose to start with a cocktail at the bar. The bartender was very pleasant and attentive. She asked if we were dining and we told her yes and then asked if we wanted to eat at the bar, a table in the tavern area, or were we headed for the dining room. We told her a table in the tavern would be great and she said she would hold one for us as it was starting to fill in.
When seated the waitress came right away announcing the specials for the evening, which were too many to remember, but all sounded delicious. Our daughter’s eyes widened when the 2 ½ pound baked stuffed lobster was mentioned and my husband didn’t need to hear any more selections either. Where she left the Cape 10 years ago, and now lives in Indiana, she was anxious for some seafood, especially lobster. I chose the seafood risotto, which was also a special and our son-in-law chose a filet minion. The dinners were unbelievable, probably one of the best dinners I’ve experienced out. Portions were generous I ended up taking half of mine home, along with some of lobster. Eyes are bigger than appetites, but it allowed us to enjoy it a bit the next night.
I can’t say enough about the staff, their attentiveness and suggestions given were all wonderful. Dinner prices average to high, depending on what you order. I would highly recommend the Old Yarmouth Inn for a special occasion, or if you just want to splurge for a night.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. We are so pleased that we hit such high marks with you and your family, especially on such a special occasion.! I will post your review in the kitchen so that the staff can see what a great impression they made, and of course, the kitchen crew will be thrilled to know how happy you were with their creations!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We visited for launch. We were warmly greeted by the hostess and immediately taken to our table. We liked the quietness and ample space between the tables.decor was also very lovely.
Our waiter was very attentive and prompt. We were 5 people in the group and two ordered the lobster roll and two ordered the shrimp risotto. One ordered the crab cake lunch. Risotto and crab crake were fine but the lobster rolls were so so.
We definitely will go back there and give them another chance. We loved the atmosphere there. Next time we will go for dinner

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for your review and I am so glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendly service that is some of the best on Cape Cod! I am also glad that you enjoyed the risotto and the crab cakes. We have prided ourselves on offering a superior roll and to know you though otherwise leaves me with the question - what could we do to make it better? I will welcome your feedback on your next visit.
Thank you!