“YUMMY!!”
Review of Old Yarmouth Inn

Old Yarmouth Inn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Old Yarmouth Inn offers classic cuisine for the next generation; the best in fresh local fish, shellfish, steaks and pasta. Whether you are looking for a casual meal in our cozy wood paneled tavern or a view of our gardens from the dining room, once you have experiencedThe Old Yarmouth Inn's delightful menu, warm, friendly staff and awesome wine selection you will know why we have become one of the most popular dining destinations on the Cape
New York City, New York
“YUMMY!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had not one, but TWO meals here - that's testament enough to the deliciousness of the Old Yarmouth Inn - a traditional 18th century (and possibly haunted!) Inn in ye olde Cape Cod - the first night I had a GREAT overstuffed lobster and the next night a yummy broiled seafood combination (the lobster was a wee better - just saying) - all else was great as was the service and at a competitive price - highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. You just can't beat "YUMMY"!
I agree that the Baked Stuffed Lobster is beyond description and I truly appreciate your repeat visit. I hope you enjoyed your time on Cape Cod

Prosper, TX
“Good food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visited the Old Yarmouth Inn for dinner our first night on the Cape. We were impressed with the quality and portions of the food. I had the salmon and my wife had a filet and both were prepared just as requested.

An older gentleman either had a heart attack or stroke while we were there and the staff handled the situation calmly and as best as possible during our meal until the paramedics arrived.

Overall a good experience (as far as controllable things go).

• Visited September 2013
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to say that the gentleman with the medical condition is fully recovered and I want to thank my staff and my customers that came to the aid of this man and his wife. I wish you evening had been without incident but I am happy that it did not spoil the experience and we appreciate you kicking off your vacation with us.
Evansville, Indiana
“Pricey not worth it”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Visited 9-19 on bus tour by Diamond tours. This was supposed to be one of the best restaurants in area. But food was served cold. The waiter would not serve us hot tea with our meal without asking as they said it would be coming after our meal. The whole bus group was very disappointed. Fish " baked native sole" was terrible for a seafood restaurant. They spent too much on deco and not enough for a good chef.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jose374
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
It has taken me a while to catch up on all of the reviews and am honestly shocked that this review appears on the Old Yarmouth Inn page because we have never welcomed the Diamond Bus Company to our restaurant.
On September 19th we had a dining room full of customers and your bus tour was not among them. I cannot lay claim to the content of this review and I would appreciate it if you would ask Trip Advisor to remove this.
“Sunday Brunch 9-22-2013”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I don't usually bother writing restaurant reviews but this place was worth the time. The food is outstanding and varied. I loved the part where they will make your eggs Benedict to order! I am sooo tired of scoopings eggs out of a chafing dish. No scrambled eggs at this place.
The lunch side was excellent too. I enjoyed the fresh baked ham and the sirloin tips in sauce. The London broil was a little on the tough side. A fault with the cut of beef and not the chef. Vegetables were varied and fresh.
The deserts were also interesting and varied. Something for everyone.
We had Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's which are prepared by your server and generous in portions.
Our server, Chrystal, was a true professional server who knew how to serve and not hover. They even asked if the temp in the room was ok. When was the last time that happened when you ate out?
Wish I lived closer. NJ is too far to come to brunch. Darn! Make reservations. They are booked.

Visited September 2013
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and for recognizing your server - which is always appreciated. We do have a few regular customers that make the trip up from Rhode Island for Brunch, but I will agree NJ is a bit too far. When you do come back, I can assure you that the staple items on the Buffet wiil be there, but we have a different assortment of entrees to choose from as the Chef's selections change weekly. We hope to see you again at the best Brunch Buffet on Route 6A!
“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We walked in without reservations and ended up in the bar as they were booked. We missed the fixed price menu which looked not only great but also a real deal. However, we did order different chef specials for the night. Our dinners were great, from start to finish. We met a nice couple from the area and it turns out this is not only a tourist spot but also a local favorite.

What could be improved? The bartender appeared to be over worked ... Not sure if they were busier than normal but the bartender could have used some help.

We recommend this place and if the opportunity presents itself we will return.

Visited September 2013
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your time in the tavern. The bar is unpredictable and usually the business comes in waves which can cause for some frenetic moments for the bartenders - I hope it did not hamper your service because if there is one thing about my bartenders- they love the hectic pace of an extremely busy night and the area does not really allow for more than 2 behind the bar at anytime. When you return, we will do our best to get you seated at a table.