“Sunday Brunch 9-22-2013”
Review of Old Yarmouth Inn

Old Yarmouth Inn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Yarmouth Inn offers classic cuisine for the next generation; the best in fresh local fish, shellfish, steaks and pasta. Whether you are looking for a casual meal in our cozy wood paneled tavern or a view of our gardens from the dining room, once you have experiencedThe Old Yarmouth Inn's delightful menu, warm, friendly staff and awesome wine selection you will know why we have become one of the most popular dining destinations on the Cape
“Sunday Brunch 9-22-2013”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I don't usually bother writing restaurant reviews but this place was worth the time. The food is outstanding and varied. I loved the part where they will make your eggs Benedict to order! I am sooo tired of scoopings eggs out of a chafing dish. No scrambled eggs at this place.
The lunch side was excellent too. I enjoyed the fresh baked ham and the sirloin tips in sauce. The London broil was a little on the tough side. A fault with the cut of beef and not the chef. Vegetables were varied and fresh.
The deserts were also interesting and varied. Something for everyone.
We had Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's which are prepared by your server and generous in portions.
Our server, Chrystal, was a true professional server who knew how to serve and not hover. They even asked if the temp in the room was ok. When was the last time that happened when you ate out?
Wish I lived closer. NJ is too far to come to brunch. Darn! Make reservations. They are booked.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and for recognizing your server - which is always appreciated. We do have a few regular customers that make the trip up from Rhode Island for Brunch, but I will agree NJ is a bit too far. When you do come back, I can assure you that the staple items on the Buffet wiil be there, but we have a different assortment of entrees to choose from as the Chef's selections change weekly. We hope to see you again at the best Brunch Buffet on Route 6A!

“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We walked in without reservations and ended up in the bar as they were booked. We missed the fixed price menu which looked not only great but also a real deal. However, we did order different chef specials for the night. Our dinners were great, from start to finish. We met a nice couple from the area and it turns out this is not only a tourist spot but also a local favorite.

What could be improved? The bartender appeared to be over worked ... Not sure if they were busier than normal but the bartender could have used some help.

We recommend this place and if the opportunity presents itself we will return.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your time in the tavern. The bar is unpredictable and usually the business comes in waves which can cause for some frenetic moments for the bartenders - I hope it did not hamper your service because if there is one thing about my bartenders- they love the hectic pace of an extremely busy night and the area does not really allow for more than 2 behind the bar at anytime. When you return, we will do our best to get you seated at a table.
Sacramento, California
“Price Fixe Menu”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I encourage diners to take advantage of the price fixe menu. We are visiting from California and when looking for a value, landed on this inn. Obviously resort areas are pricey, so early birds appeal to us. The price fixe menu which is in effect prior to 6pm was amazing. The quality and quality of food we received for $25 was notable. Anyone who does not take advantage of the bargain is missing out. I am certain we will dine again before we leave. Order the shrimp appetizer!!!

1 Thank SacramentoSkip
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and for recognizing what a value we offer with the 3 course menu. We change the entrees through out the year, so if you find yourself back on the East Coast, please come in and say hi!
West Midlands
“A holiday highlight for us”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We last visited nearly 2 years ago and again we were recognised immediately we entered - quite remarkable. As usual, we went in the tavern part and ate there 3 times during our stay and also went there just for a drink or two.

We chose a great variety of fish and meat and all of our group loved every dish. The portion size was very generous for us and prices very reasonable for the quality.

The staff continue to be a great advertisement for the Inn - they are all so friendly, helpful and enthusiastic.

• Visited August 2013
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
You get what you give - and the nicest people are so easy to remember because we want to do everything we can to make their time with us special. Its so great that you thought enough of your time with us two years ago to come back again. Cheers to all of my staff for remembering you!
york, pa
“Good food, wonderful service”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress Kate was positively wonderful. Best service I've had in a while. Overall, we were pleased with the food. A decent selection of salads and appetizers. The arugula and pears was good and my husband said the clam chowder was the best he's had. He was equally pleased with the calves liver. My duck was a little over crispy, but that was the only slight miss. Limoncello torte was to die for. A nice wine list, both by the glass and bottle. Kate was willing to let me taste one of the selections so I didn't make a selection I wasn't happy with drinking. Overall, a good experience.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for recognizing Kate in your review as she is such a special part of our team and this will mean a lot to her. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your dinner - and we will make sure that the duck is a little less crisp on your next visit.