“Great Old Time Inn”
Review of Old Yarmouth Inn

Old Yarmouth Inn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Old Yarmouth Inn offers classic cuisine for the next generation; the best in fresh local fish, shellfish, steaks and pasta. Whether you are looking for a casual meal in our cozy wood paneled tavern or a view of our gardens from the dining room, once you have experiencedThe Old Yarmouth Inn's delightful menu, warm, friendly staff and awesome wine selection you will know why we have become one of the most popular dining destinations on the Cape
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love the Old Yarmouth Inn all year long, but especially in the winter, with the wood burning fire places taking the chill off. Food is excellant and daily specials are extremly creative. Drinks are great also!

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Ah yes, once we light the fire in the central fireplace all of our Winter regulars appear! Thank you for your review that gives the readers a peak in to the Old Yarmouth Inn's menu - traditional Cape Cod favorites combined with creative specials that give the Kitchen staff a chance to spread their wings! See you soon

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have just returned home after leaving our friends after eating in your restaurant. The meal was excellent -outstanding but the server broke every rule in serving guests. She recited the specials and was quite impressive and then proceeded to decline from there. First she took two of our beverage orders and left our friends dangling to place theirs. Then when she delivered theirs finally she got one wrong. I told her how I wanted my sirloin steak done and she shortly returned to ask me how I wanted my steak done? Then we noticed how she touched our shoulders or backs as she addressed us. I even noticed her doing it to the table behind me while talking to them with her hand on the gentleman's back . Boundaries ? No wait, while we were talking about TV shows ... she commented " Oh , that show creeps me out" what? Are you serious? Then she proceeded to pass my dessert across my wife's face. It's serve to the right and remove from the left. I am sorry but this girl obviously got not training from your staff and needs to be retrained tomorrow or released. We will be back one day because your food was excellent but...seriously??

Thank you for your review and for your comments about your service. Honestly, the service at the Old Yarmouth Inn has always been given high marks, but I am taking your comments seriously and have posted the review in the kitchen. Please let me know when you plan to return and I will be sure that the service meets your expectations.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've had the pleasure of enjoying many outstanding dishes along with great bottles of wine in this quintessential Cape Cod restaurant. If you're looking for a beer or pizza and a beer, they've got that. Or something more upscale, Baked Stuffed Lobster or Rack of Lamb, they've got those too. I consider the Rack of Lamb, the specialty of the house. Not many restaurants offer Beef Wellington any more, but if its available as a special, it is not to be missed. From the casual dishes to the more refined, all are prepared with equal care and great ingredients. Being a "wine enthusiast", the list here is about the best you'll find on this side of the bridge. There are even some goodies that aren't on the list, just ask. Finally the atmosphere. I prefer eating in the very large bar/ tavern area. The dinning room is lovely as well with large windows and tables spaced perfectly apart. However back to the tavern. It's a space that makes everyone feel very comfortable. Sit at the bar and you'll be talking with locals, summer residents, and vacationers from across the globe. No stuffiness in the entire place. The owners and staff are nothing but the friendliest they could possibly be. I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but you'll have to go into the tavern, enjoy yourself and meet some new friends.

1  Thank DougMcLe

Doug - your review is exceptional and so greatly appreciated! I know you eat in some of the best restaurants in the world and we are so honored that you chose to recognize the Old Yarmouth Inn's menu and wine list. Thank you!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We typically do takeout here. We hesitated this year because our experiences have never gone well. We ordered out last summer frequently, and without a doubt, they always forgot something,
We decided to try one time this summer of 2013 and wouldn't you know? I ordered a salad and there was 2 strands of Parmesan cheese, no dressing and no scallops nor shrimp. Once again, we had to drive back to claim an item that we originally ordered, only to be told sorry. We are done with this establishment.

1  Thank Cdeignan
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Both of us are vegetarian so we made a point of letting our server know at the start of our meal. He couldn't do enough to make sure that we got everything we needed and double check on what we could and couldn't have. I tried the vegan burger which was excellent and really hit the spot. If you're stopping by try out the Tavern it's incredibly relaxing and has a much more enjoyable vibe that the vast expanse of the main dining room.

Thank you for your review. The Dining room was built to hold large groups and functions and is definitely not for everyone. The Tavern has a real pub feel and lends itself to a more casual night, but either way I am glad that you were able to find options on our menu to satisfy - and should you find yourself back on Cape Cod give us a call ahead of time and the Chef will whip up something special for you!