“Brunch with friends”
Review of Old Yarmouth Inn

Old Yarmouth Inn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Old Yarmouth Inn offers classic cuisine for the next generation; the best in fresh local fish, shellfish, steaks and pasta. Whether you are looking for a casual meal in our cozy wood paneled tavern or a view of our gardens from the dining room, once you have experiencedThe Old Yarmouth Inn's delightful menu, warm, friendly staff and awesome wine selection you will know why we have become one of the most popular dining destinations on the Cape
North Smithfield, Rhode Island, USA
“Brunch with friends”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Two other friends and I were looking forward to having the Sunday Brunch. I made reservations on the Old Yarmouth Inn website. When we arrived, the hostess did not have our reservation. She said that "someone" did not check the online reservations, so she could not seat us in the glassed-in dining area. The people who called in their reservations took precedence over us and I had used THEIR website so I would be sure to have a table. We were not happy with that. We were seated in the tavern area and the food was delicious.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that there was some confusion with the online reservations. The Main Dining room is requested by many of the regular customers that come for Brunch, but the Tavern where you sat offers a more peaceful setting without the movement of people lining up for the Buffet. I am certainly pleased that you enjoyed the food, and if you find yourself back at the Inn for Brunch, then please request the Main Dining room when making your reservation and we will be certain to honor that request.

Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“Our Favorite Place”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is one of the best Restaurants on Cape Cod. Great atmosphere, great service and great food. They have a menu that will satisfy everyone. We enjoyed some terrific Prime Rib the other night and topped it off with warm apple crisp. This restaurant is always a completely enjoyable dining experience

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Terry - Your review makes me so proud to be the owner of the Old Yarmouth Inn. My staff never ceases to amaze me with the dedication that they have to their craft. We will do our very best to live up to the "favorite restaurant" honor you have bestowed upon us.
Gratefully, Sheila
Massachusetts
“Where have I been?”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Been to the Cape for many years in the summertime, but never knew this Inn existed! I guess my head was in the sand ;-)
Nice warm fireplace in the entranceway started the night off perfectly. The small caesar salad is large enough for 2 to share. Short rib dish was delish! Very tender and savory. Waiter named Dave was attentive and suggested very nice wines. Dessert was a tad small to share....so next time I'll get my own!

1 Thank Jwilkins23
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your review - I apologize for being away from Trip Advisor and not following up with a response. The Old Yarmouth Inn has been here for 300+ years, but the "inn" part of the name does imply that it was designed more for sleeping than dining. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us - I am going to give you a tip...try the Carrot Cake, the Profiterole or the Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcake (summer) next time you are in - definitely big enough to share!
Thanks again, Sheila
Boston, MA
“Great meal in a quaint setting.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Had a great meal here several nights ago! We are Cape regulars but had never ventured into Yarmouth for dinner. I picked this place because of the Tripadvisor rating and was not disappointed!!

We ate dinner by the fireplace in the tavern area, which met the host's description of 'cozier' than the dining room. The dining room is definitely lacking in ambiance (mostly due to the wall paper) so I would recommend the tavern unless you prefer a more formal feel. The food was all very fresh and tasty. The service was friendly and efficient. Everything was reasonably priced. The menu was quite extensive and they were willing to accomodate for food allergies.

We will return!

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for not only venturing into the Old Yarmouth Inn, but for also posting about your experience afterwards. I laughed when I read your reaction to the Dining Room - the black and white toile is either someone's favorite or NOT to their liking at all; I guess I know what category you fit! Our staff works hard to ensure each guests satisfaction, so dietary requests are accommodated whenever possible. I hope that we will see you back in the tavern again soon.
Springfield, Vermont
“Great food, atmosphere, and staff. Great place to go on cold winter nights!!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Living on Cape Cod for a long time, sometimes you feel like you've tried every restaurant, you've heard good things about. So when my husband's 30th bday came up this past November, I knew I had to try somewhere different and special. After reading many reviews on the Old Yarmouth Inn, I decided it was the one to choose. We'll i'm certainly glad I did!!! It worked out perfectly! It was a cold night, so the fireplaces were all lit and there was a very cozy feeling in there. We were seated in the tavern right infront of the fireplace. It was the best spot to sit and enjoy a great glass of wine, good food, and relax. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The place was packed that night (it was a Saturday, highly recommend making reservations just in case). You could tell they were understaffed, however the bartender/our waitress maintained a very positive, friendly disposition. Having worked in the food industry for a long time now, I understand it can be extremely irritating when that happens, but she did a good job not letting her frustrations show. Overall, we really, really enjoyed it there, and will definitly be going back. And one last thing, on the website, it doesn't show or mention the tavern menu. The menu has a lot of options, so this is also a great place to go if you want upscale food, down to a cheeseburger. We had the king cut prime rib (delicious) and I had the lamb shank (melt in your mouth yummy). The portions are HUGE here too, definitly worth the price.

• Visited November 2012
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review and thank you for taking a chance on the Old Yarmouth Inn for something as important and memorable as a 30th birthday celebration. December was an extremely busy month for us, and I am glad that you were able to snag one of the coveted tables by the fireplace for your first time here. The new Website has all of the available options and as you know you can enjoy any of the menus throughout the house. It is our goal to provide a good meal in a pleasant atmosphere and I think we succeeded and look forward to welcoming you back!