“Perfect”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Grays beach is great to walk to. There is a long pier (.2 miles) that jets out over the marshes with a seating area to the end. Every time I go, it offers something different, but that's one of the nice things about the ocean. It's never the same twice! Day or early evening, high or low tide, it's a beautiful walk with lots of natural sea life. The beach is ok. First time we went we were attacked by the green-eyes ( horse flies). Subsequent visits, there were none, but someone told me they baited the boxes in the marshes to alleviate the problem. In season there is a lifeguard or two or three. During low tide, you can walk across the creek thru sandbars to the bay side beach.( I think it's in Dennis). But don't wait until the tide comes in or you'll never get back. There are warnings for strong currents and we witnessed an elderly gentlemn get rescued but another beach goer off season. During low tide, it's a great kid beach with no waves, no under toe, and shallow water all the way to the other side. there is some muck right near shore, but then it is beautiful soft sand with virtually no rocks or shells the rest of the way. It's a small beach with limited walking except for the pier, but there are recreational facilities (like fire pits, covered pucnic tables and volleyball court) and most importantly, clean restrooms. More locals and families with small children go here. If you want you traditional large, long, sandy beaches, head to the south side of the cape.

Reisterstown
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fantasic Sunsets”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

One of the locals told my husband & I that we had to go to Gray's Beach to see a fantastic sunset. He was not wrong is was fantastic. Walking out on the boardwalk made it even better. Definitly a place to go on your trip to Cape Cod

2 Thank CandyReisterstown
Staten Island, New York
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Nice for a sunset, not that scenic otherwise”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The sunset at Gray's Beach was gorgeous and I was super glad we made it there in time from out hotel in Yarmouth. However, if staying for a whole afternoon, I'd probably prefer to spend it at a "traditional" type of beach rather than on a marsh. Still, the sunset was exquisite! Definitely something to check out if you're driving through the area.

Butler
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Free Beach”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A local told me about this beach and how it was the only free beach on the cape. It is a very small beach, but when the tide goes out you can walk across, through the water, to the sand bars. The wooden walkway that trailed through the canals and grass patches were very nice and great place to grab a nice photo. Most of the beaches were $10-$20 so it made this one worthwhile, not sure if i trust going into the water, people there were complaining of the aggressive fish and how they were biting them! yikes! but over all a very cool beach for the price.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank 19Jeff66
Albany, NY
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Bugs!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A neat walkway out over the marsh but oh my...the bugs/gnats. Insects never go for me but even I couldn't escape them here. We must have caught it at it a bad time (evening in August). I'm sure you can see some amazing things from the boardwalk. We were one of the groups running back to our cars as a previous poster mentioned!

Visited August 2013