“Perfect B&B!”
Review of Liberty Hill Inn

Liberty Hill Inn
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Liberty Hill is a beautifully run B&B. The house is lovely and well maintained. The rooms are extremely comfortable and well appointed. Every inch of the house is immaculate! The breakfasts are amazing and the inn keepers (Kris and John) are more than hospitable. They are very warm and friendly and you feel as if you've known them for years. They truly know how to run a top notch B&B. This is likely one of the best values on the Cape.

1  Thank CTMANN

Reviewed July 27, 2008

I just spent a great weekend at the Liberty Hill Inn and would like to add my praise to the many well-deserved and favorable reviews here. I travel for my job across six continents and always stay in hotels, inns, apartments, etc. I chose the Liberty Hill Inn for my vacation and couldn't have picked a better place. Upon entering the Inn you step into a lovely decorated room with inviting warm colors and a big grand piano. A great entrance to a wonderful home. My room was perfect. I have dust allergies and requested hardwood flooring so I was given a great room in the carriage house. The entire room is well-maintained, extremely clean and dust free. The bathroom is spotless, the white tiles and grout look brand new. How do they do that? The jacuzzi tub was sparkling! Air conditioning made the room very comfortable on a hot humid weekend and the bed was unquestionably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Triple sheeting, plush duvets and pillows and a memory foam mattress made me sleep better than I have in quite some time. The fireplace is a nice addition and makes me want to return in the colder weather. Breakfast at the Liberty Hill Inn is superlative. The coffee is perfectly wonderful and I had three great, well prepared breakfasts on the three different mornings of my trip. John is a great host - always filling cups, making sure everyone is ok and mixing conversation with all the guests. It's like a big happy family. I'm not always up for this in the morning but it just felt natural and fun and the other guests were very nice and engaging to speak with. Kris stayed in the kitchen and created marvelous plates like baked nectarines, soft fluffy waffles, egg and cheese casseroles, muffins and truly amazing hot, fresh, home made scones. Everyone was most excited about the food here and commented on breakfast as being a particularly wonderful addition to the Inn. As far as comfort you can't choose a better spot. I even noticed a room across from mine catered to guests in wheelchairs. The construction of the buidling is good and noise levels are never a problem. I am a very picky customer when it comes to hotels and travel and found the Liberty Hill Inn to be an exceptionally run and comfortable place to stay. I will definately be back.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank StevenHarrison
Reviewed July 23, 2008

It was our first Bed & Breakfast experience and we had a wonderful stay. John and Kris were excellent hosts....from the fresh-baked ginger cookies that greeted us upon arrival, to the friendly pooch, Conrad, we felt very welcome. In fact, we had to leave particulary early one morning to catch a Whale Watch and Kris and John graciously served us breakfast before the other guests had even arisen. Now that's what I call customer service!

2  Thank ShrimpScampi
Reviewed July 20, 2008

We just spent four wonderful nights at Liberty Hill and could not have been happier . The room was exceedingly clean ; the inn had great atmosphere, and John and Kris were great hosts and were so helpful and accomodating. John lent us his map and gave us great suggestions for day trips. The breakfast is as good as everyone says, filling and delicious and very pleasant. Each night we returned to find fresh home made cookies in the hallway. The location is central so excellent for touring the cape. All in all, we had a great time and would highly recommend the Liberty Hill Inn .

1  Thank WNNY
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Liberty Hill is by far the best B&B I have ever visited. The Inn itself is charming, with an upscale (though not stuffy) cape cod feel. The owners, John and Kris, are so kind that you feel like you've known them forever. They will go above and beyond to make sure that your stay is special.

The rooms are all different and super clean and comfy, I don't know what they do to their beds but it is great, it must be all the different layers, no achy back here! I looked at all of the rooms when I stayed as the first night we were the only ones there and they are all beautiful.

One of the best parts is the breakfast, I'm still thinking about them, so fresh and creative! Truly fine dinning but in a place that is so warm and comfortable that is the best of both worlds. I have stayed at some beautiful places in the past but this has been hands down the best place I've ever been. There is a reason this place is #1 on Tripadvisor! You'll love it there!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingT20
Reviewed July 17, 2008

We recently stayed at the Liberty Hill Inn during our first trip to Cape Cod. Because we had never visited the Cape before we had no idea where to stay and which town to stay in. After reading all of the fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to book our stay at the LHI. I truly believe that we could not have stayed at a better place. As far as location goes, Yarmouth Port positioned us right in the middle of the Cape and near to almost everything. Innkeepers John and Kris went above and beyond many times to ensure that we had a great trip. We had some issues with our vehicle mid trip and much to our surprise, John contacted one of his friends who owns a nearby dealership and gave us a fantastic deal. Being tourists especially from NY we truly felt fortunate!! John also had a great advice as far as where to eat in the area- don't miss the Yarmouth Port Inn. Kris prepared absolutely delicious breakfasts for us while staying at the LHI. Each dish was unique, flavorful, and well-chosen. You simply won't find cold cereal and frozen muffins at this b&b- everything was made from scratch and gourmet! We found ourselves looking forward to going downstairs each morning to see what Kris had prepared for the day. So if you are wondering where to stay wonder no more stay at the Liberty Hill Inn because you truly will be staying with friends!

1  Thank NYirish777
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights wrapped around the 4th of July. This is now the standard to which I will judge all other Bed and Breakfasts in the future. The property is well situated for any activity on the cape. The Waterford room was elegantly appointed, clean, and quiet. John and Kris are outstanding hosts. Every breakfast was superb and left us ready for the day ahead. Each suggestion from things to do to places to eat was spot on. Any arrangements we needed were taken care of in a way that showed how well our hosts were connected within the community. We were even driven to catch the ferry to Nantucket to save on parking in Hyannis. Total kudos again to John and Kris. We will especially miss the constant supply of chocalate chip cranberry cookies located by the front entrance (My wife wouldn't let me snitch the last ones on our way out!)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarmouth Port
#3 of 8 in Yarmouth Port
Captain David Kelley House
Captain David Kelley House
#1 of 6 in Centerville

Been to Liberty Hill Inn? Share your experiences!